#1 2008-08-02 22:36

eR@SeR

New rule "Ignore"

I'm suggesting, by mine opinion, one GREAT rule to the ReNamer big_smile

I would called it Ignore rule.

Purpose will be (like his name says) to ignore specified word(s) i.e. other rule(s) will not affect that word(s).
You can manipulate that rule like others, move up/down into rule table...choosing the position of affecting etc...you know what I mean smile

Options will be same as in Remove rule, including Whole words only which will be added later I hope big_smile

If you remember, I suggested once (via e-mail) something like this to add into Translit rule (I didn't wanted to translit some english words to cyrillic...) and you said (Denis) that you don't want to add too much options to that simple rule, so I came to this idea/workaround to simply purpose new rule, but of course this isn't main reason of mine suggestion. It will be widely used I think smile

I would like to hear ANY of yours opinions smile

P.S. I will reccomend to you that this possible implementation would be for version 6, also integration of XP Manifest is great modification...but you don't have to accept this one little thing wink

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-08-02 22:37)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#2 2008-08-03 00:49

SafetyCar
Website

Re: New rule "Ignore"

If this option were possible I would like to ask about ignoring extensions.

It would be a very useful way to change presets that you havprepared for folders, could be easily adapted to files (instead of changing all the rules to add skip extensions).

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#3 2008-08-03 17:27

eR@SeR

Well, an answer is simple...you have checkbox "skip extension" to ignore it.
Look better again wink

Just tell me your opinion about this. Bad, good, unnecessary...

Thanks smile

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-08-03 17:29)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#4 2008-08-03 19:05

SafetyCar
Website

eR@SeR wrote:

Well, an answer is simple...you have checkbox "skip extension" to ignore it.

I know that option, and thats why y said instead of changing all the rules to add skip extensions

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

Board footer