#1 2009-01-12 21:03

ivanivienen

Creating a folder and moving renamed files onto it

Hello. Myn name is Ivan. Thanks all for your answer to my previous post. I have a new doubt on using renamer. I need to move all files I just rename to a folder. Here is an example.

Before:

c:\renamer\OldFolderfile001.txt c:\renamer\OldFolder\file002.txt c:\renamer\OldFolder\file003.txt

After:

c:\renamer\NewFolder\file001.txt c:\renamer\NewFolder\file002.txt c:\renamer\NewFolder\file003.txt   

Note. The new names are the same as the old ones befcause I would like to focus myself on changing their parent folder. I would like to know how it could be accomplished, either renamer their parent folder or creating a new one, for in case I did not rename all files on the Old Folder. Thanks all in advanced. Ivanivienen.

#2 2009-01-12 23:36

SafetyCar
Website

Re: Creating a folder and moving renamed files onto it

When you insert the full path to the name the files are moved into the folder you specify.

So if you insert this as prefix:
c:\renamer\NewFolder\
The files will be moved to that folder.

Other way is inserting "..\" to go one folder back, and after that, the new folder "newfolder\"
So, what you have to insert is"..\NewFolder\" (it goes back one folder an creates the new one there)

On both ways, the folders are created automatically, but the old folder has to be deleted manually.

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

Board footer