#1 2006-06-30 08:17

thebart

Finally a replacement for 1-4a Rename! :)

Denis,

I have been using 1-4a Rename for several years. It's one of the best renamers out there, but the GUI lacks behind todays standards.

Up until recently, I have not been able to find me a good, freeware replacement - but this is it. Your ReNamer is truely excellent! Especially considering the fact that I can use regexp (and even PascalScript) in the rename rules.

So far, I only have one improvement suggestion:

I would like more EXIF metadata available in the rules. Let's say I would like to group my pictures by month, I would use EXIF_Month. I know this can be done in Settings > Meta Tags > Date Format, but it is a bit awkward to go there every time.

Would it be possible to include the following Meta Tags?

EXIF_Year_short (2 digits)
EXIF_Year
EXIF_Month
EXIF_Day

Thank you for writing this great piece of software! big_smile

#2 2006-06-30 09:20

den4b
Administrator

Re: Finally a replacement for 1-4a Rename! :)

Welcome on board smile

Yes, it is possible to add those meta tags! But there is one thing that bothers me: EXIF_Month and EXIF_Day can be written in few different formats, e.g.: 1/1/2006, 01/01/2006, 1-Jan-2006, 1-st January 2006. It's easy to decide that the format for these tags should be one of these: 1/1/2006, 01/01/2006. But which one? With zeros or without? Are you sure you need them, because this is kind of duplicated functionality...?

Board footer