#1 2009-08-26 14:32

krtek

Strange behaviour of the CleanUp rule in the Analyze window

It happens only in Analyze window as it is impossible (at least for me) to make a file with spaces at the beginning or after the extention. Windows strips them out.

If you have a filename (or few filenames) in Analyze window (with Apply rules for each line on)
that have a space or spaces at the end (after the extention), eg.:
"file  .txt   "
" file  .odt  "
"file.exe  "
and you apply the CleanUp rule to them (just fixing spaces with skip extention),
then the last filename have it's spaces stripped out, so you get:
"file.txt  "
"file.odt   "
"file.exe"

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#2 2009-08-29 20:44

den4b
Administrator

Re: Strange behaviour of the CleanUp rule in the Analyze window

I used TrimRight() function for the output to remove trailing empty line which was created by the component. This also removed all trailing spaces. Obviously, at the time of development i didn't consider a scenario where user would want/use trailing spaces.

Anyway, I have fixed it now. Only trailing new lines will be removed, trailing spaces will be left intact.

#3 2009-08-29 21:26

krtek

Re: Strange behaviour of the CleanUp rule in the Analyze window

If not testing narayan's assumptions in the manual, I would never get on this  wink

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

Board footer