#1 2009-08-26 19:21

krtek

An option for multiple find & replace with Replace rule

Now multiple find/replace strings are executed one by one.
Wouldn't it be nice to have an option for them to behave more like Translit rule (but with case sensitivity and so on), so all the strings are searched and replaced "like" in one go.

Now:
Find: A|B
Replace: B|A

ABBA -> AAAA

With the new option:
Find: A|B
Replace: B|A

ABBA -> BAAB

The problem will be wildcards. Maybe they simply shouldn't be allowed with that option.

Or maybe it's better to trust old uncle Ockham...

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#2 2009-08-30 15:39

Stefan

Re: An option for multiple find & replace with Replace rule

Wouldn't this be just the case-sensitive improved Translit rule?
http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=667

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2009-08-30 17:49

krtek

I'm not sure if Translit rule should be able to be case-sensitive. The case algoritm for Translit rule is a very clever thing.
On the other hand, it would be just an option. Having hardly anything in common with transliteration, but useful (as Translit type of input is much easier to maintain then multiple Replace rule).

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#4 2009-08-30 19:05

Stefan

Thanks for the link, i was not aware that there is such an logic behind this rule.
Now i understand Denis better why he is not responding upon my suggestion.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer