#1 2009-11-05 13:17

somebody2978

A directories renamer option

Hi to all  smile.

The truth is that yesterday I found this massive renamer and I have been left surprised of the flexible and automated than it is.

As suggestion is than bad idea would not be than they add ReNamer an option to rename directories, this would leave practically perfect.

Too they would be able to add a more intuitive generator of names, a direct option in " Add Rules ", an only tab to add a new name and to enumerate the files in an only step.

Regards to all.

#2 2009-11-05 15:21

Andrew

Re: A directories renamer option

Hi somebody2978,

ReNamer is indeed an awesome app with many options that you might want to check out. Many of the things you're looking for are already in there!

For example, Settings menu > Filters option > Check "Add folders as files" option

am9yqc.png

Now try dragging and dropping folders/directories into ReNamer and rename them to your heart's content! smile

somebody2978 wrote:

Too they would be able to add a more intuitive generator of names, a direct option in " Add Rules ", an only tab to add a new name and to enumerate the files in an only step.

I didn't quite understand what you're asking for here. Can you elaborate please?

#3 2009-11-06 02:04

narayan

Welcome aboard, somebody2978!

Note that as containers, folders have other subfolders and files. So when they are renamed, the path to the content changes. So if you load a folder and its subfolders together in ReNamer and rename them all at once, the lower order folders must be renamed first; otherwise ReNamer will not find them once the higher level folder is renamed!

See http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Renaming_folders

You may also want to read the online manual: http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer

Last edited by narayan (2009-11-06 02:05)

#4 2009-11-06 03:50

somebody2978

Andrew wrote:

Hi somebody2978,

ReNamer is indeed an awesome app with many options that you might want to check out. Many of the things you're looking for are already in there!

For example, Settings menu > Filters option > Check "Add folders as files" option

am9yqc.png

Now try dragging and dropping folders/directories into ReNamer and rename them to your heart's content! smile

Ahhh had not seen that option! Seemed to me rare than a so complete renamer not have that. Thank you very much!
However, I find than when I drag and drop the directories, this too places the files on the list, that goes off a troublesome little.

Andrew wrote:

I didn't quite understand what you're asking for here. Can you elaborate please?

I referred to an option of renamed for batch, eliminating all the name of every file and to replace them for other ones enumerated of sequential form, all in one step.
Ex,

home.jpg ---> newname_0001.jpg
car.jpg ------> newname_0002.jpg
cat.jpg ------> newname_0003.jpg
dog.jpg -----> newname_0004.jpg
cd.jpg -------> newname_0005.jpg
,etc

Perhaps I do not find the way, because few days ago than I am using the application. Before I used the Namewiz renamer, that one had a direct tab to do all that, in ReNamer I do not get that.

I am going to take rules of renamed of ReNamer's directories.

#5 2009-11-06 10:47

Andrew

somebody2978 wrote:

However, I find than when I drag and drop the directories, this too places the files on the list, that goes off a troublesome little.

So you want to rename only the folders and not the files within? If you bother to spend some time reading the options in that Filter Settings dialog whose image I posted above, you'll see an option called "Add files within folders". Try unchecking it and see what happens when you drag and drop folders now. wink

somebody2978 wrote:

I referred to an option of renamed for batch, eliminating all the name of every file and to replace them for other ones enumerated of sequential form, all in one step.
Ex,

home.jpg ---> newname_0001.jpg
car.jpg ------> newname_0002.jpg
cat.jpg ------> newname_0003.jpg
dog.jpg -----> newname_0004.jpg
cd.jpg -------> newname_0005.jpg
,etc

You have to use a combination of the Delete, Insert and Serialize rules, as shown below:

33wr3gh.jpg

Play around with the options and rules a bit and use the Preview feature to check the results without actually renaming your files - that's the best way of learning how to use the app effectively.

#6 2009-11-06 15:12

somebody2978

Jeje sorry, I am a bit distracted lately, other issues. The solution was above the check box!...  roll

Too I found another form to batch rename, although basically is equal:

34xl47b.png

The form than you suggest is more correct.

Now I see that ReNamer is not missing options, and this does work incredibly quickly! Very, but very satisfied with this renamer  smile. My final renamer.

Thanks to all for the tips!

Last edited by somebody2978 (2009-11-06 15:14)

Board footer