#1 2006-04-21 09:53

Jerry

Can I save a file-renaming rule list?

I've got all my rules perfectly arranged.  Can I save this list?

There's a menu option called "Presets -> Save As" which gives me the option to make up a Preset Name, but I don't know what it does.  "Import..." gives me the option to import *.RNP files, but I can't find any on my whole hard drive.

I've been "saving" my rules as screen captures and printing them out so I can re-type them the next time I need that list.  Is there an easier way?

Jerry

#2 2006-04-24 00:03

jarin_b

Re: Can I save a file-renaming rule list?

Hi,
create subfolder "Presets" in folder with file ReNamer.exe

Regards,
Jarek

PS:Excuse my "english"

#3 2006-04-24 00:29

Jerry

Hi Jarek:

Your English is fine.  Your instructions worked perfectly, and I can now save my presets.

I love this program.  I've been using the file-renaming feature within ZTREE For Windows, which is pretty powerful, but it has no "preview," and I've ruined big batches of files on several occasions.  I feel much more comfortable using this program on complicated renaming projects.

Thank you!

Jerry

#4 2006-04-24 09:49

den4b
Administrator

Jerry wrote:

I've got all my rules perfectly arranged.  Can I save this list?

Yes, you can save the rules list, there is an option called "Save As" in the Presets menu.

You've discovered a little bug - I've accidentally removed the code for checking if the Presets folder exists (occurs from v3.00). The workaround by Jarek works perfectly! (Thanks Jarek)

I've fixed it now, you can download the latest dev version:

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~den4b/Projects/ReNamer/ReNamerBeta.zip

Later today I should release a new version of ReNamer smile

Board footer