#11 2010-05-24 22:23

den4b
Administrator

Re: After triggering actions, close shutter *OR* restart event

narayan wrote:

BTW the name "Utilities" does not make sense.

Well, do you have better alternative(s)? I agree that it's not perfect, but having not given it much thought it was still a suitable option. If you read up the definition of a word "Utility" you'll find out why: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/utility, http://www.thefreedictionary.com/utility. Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate changing it to something more suitable.

narayan wrote:

What's the actual practical use of the "pause" option?

Several people have already asked for the pause action. I can imagine that they might want to execute an action in some period of time after the preceding action.

#12 2010-05-25 01:33

narayan

I guess the "pause" option actually holds off Shutter when the selected events occur at a frequency that is faster than required.

#13 2010-05-25 10:17

den4b
Administrator

Do you have any ideas for a better name for "Utilities" action?

#14 2010-05-25 16:12

narayan

I think "Post-action treatment" or "Post-action process" or something similar would be more indicative.
* The "post-action" in the name clearly tells the user that it is the last action in the stack.
* These options are different from the Terminal actions at OS level (reboot, close PC, log out).

The OS-level terminal actions are also mutually exclusive (shut down, log off, restart).
So they can be introduced as options of another action (called "Termination").

In short, all the terminal actions can be clubbed into two actions: "Post-Action treatment" and "Termination".

-------------
Shutter can continue working through two of the OS-level states: Hibernate, Sleep.
Therefore these are not terminal states. So they can be offered as normal actions.
DOUBT: Is the recovery from those states strictly manual; or is a programmed mode available to come out of that state?

#15 2010-05-25 19:29

Stefan

den4b wrote:

Do you have any ideas for a better name for "Utilities" action?

Finalizing
End Action
Final Action

roll

And, if i am not to late to jump in...., i think "Pause" is wrongly added to "Final Action"
I think Pause should be an own action, so i can use Pause and still close Shutter at the end by an "Final Action"

Like:
Event Countdown: 3:00:00
Pause: 60 sec
Close Window: WinAmp
Final Action: Close Shutter

or use Pause more then once
Event: Battery low
Alarm:
Pause: 300 sec
Alarm:
Pause: 60 sec
Alarm:
Pause: 30 sec
Alarm:
Final Action: Close Shutter

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer