#1 2010-07-01 21:10

Foreverlad

Removing Various Content Within Brackets

First off, let me say THANK YOU for this amazing program.  Renamer has been a lifesaver in converting and adjusting my mega music collection.

I've done some searching through this site and the wiki, but I was unable to find anything definitive that I could actually understand lol.

I have a number of files with dates and years in the file name, all bracketed.  If I had it my way, the brackets and everything inbetween them would be removed.

Example:

Den4b Anthem [July 2010].mp3  ------>   Den4b Anthem.mp3

I know how to remove brackets, or a particular phrase/word, but is there a (fairly) simple way to remove various words, phrases, dates or numbers sandwiched between brackets?  Basically, can Renamer recognize brackets, parentheses or some other symbol as a container, and remove everything within that container? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2010-07-01 21:24

Stefan

Re: Removing Various Content Within Brackets

Hi Foreverlad, welcome.

Can you please try if an "CleanUp"-rule with "Strip out content of brackets" work for you?
Don't forget to check "Fix spaces" too.

See http://www.den4b.com/screenshots.php?pr … reenshot=7

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2010-07-01 21:52

Foreverlad

Re: Removing Various Content Within Brackets

Son of a ...

Stefan, thanks a ton.  I completely forgot about the Cleanup options.  Perfect (and far too simple) solution to my problem.

Board footer