#1 2010-08-03 00:26

whythisname

Modifying meta tags

Hi everyone,

my first post here wink Anyway I've been using your rename tool a LOT, I've literally renamed thousands and thousands of files with it ^^ So first of all a big thanks for such an awesome tool.

Anyway I've been rearranging my music lately and one thing I've been looking for is an easy way to edit the meta tags the music files have (mainly MP3 btw), things like the title in the meta tags doesn't change if I change the name of a file.
So my question is, would it be feasible to implement a rule that allows you to also rename certain meta tags. I mean image size should probably be left alone for example, but I mean things that are just basic text based information like the title of a sound file or it's album.
I think this can really add something to the ReNamer tool, but I'm not sure if it's possible to implement and maybe you don't consider this to be in the scope of the tool.

Anyway it's just a suggestion (which would help me a great deal ^^), so no hard feelings if it's not possible for one reason or another, the fact remains it's still a great tool wink

#2 2010-08-03 04:15

narayan

Re: Modifying meta tags

#3 2010-08-03 10:54

whythisname

Ok thanks, that's clear, didn't see anything like that in the manual though (the place I looked before coming here).

#4 2010-08-03 12:43

narayan

That wiki *is* the manual! smile

#5 2010-08-03 14:13

whythisname

Not the one that's packed with ReNamer though ^^ Anyway I got one of the programs suggested for editing meta tags and it's pretty good wink

#6 2010-08-04 03:43

narayan

I am glad it worked out fine for you.

Try the other mp3 editors as well: Although they are functionally similar, they have different interfaces to cater to different tastes. You never know which one you will like better!

ReNamer used to come with built-in help documentation; but we have now gone for wiki-based documentation so that many people can help write the documentation. Note that the Help menu now includes a link to the wiki.

Personally I'd like to see an offline version of the wiki bundled with ReNamer.

>Denis,
* Many people may not realize that "wiki" means "Help manual". Please consider rephrasing that option.
* Any luck with the wiki -> pdf converter module?

Board footer