#1 2019-10-10 00:31

Kyser

Cannot access Shutter after changed settings

Hello!

I ran into problem of not being able to access Shutter anymore after changing something in its settings. I believe it was "hide tray icon", the last setting with an exclamation mark.

I have tried following:

- Run progam with administrator priviliges
- Uninstalling Shutter (with difficulties, had to do it 2 times and rename the files manually eventually)
- Restarted the computer
- Reinstalling Shutter

After these measures the problem is still percisting. I cannot access the program interface although the tasks do work in the backround(even after complete uninstallation and reinstallation)

How do I get access on Shutter or how do permanetly delete it?

Thank you!

#2 2019-10-10 19:07

den4b
Administrator

Re: Cannot access Shutter after changed settings

If you disable the tray icon and configure Shutter to start in the minimized, then you will lose the ability to get to Shutter's user interface. That is pretty much what the warning message would say.

The only way to get it back is to disable the appropriate settings in the settings file (Settings.ini), which is located in the user profile folder. Type the following path in the address bar of the Windows Explorer:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\den4b\Shutter

Open "Settings.ini" file with Notepad or similar app, and change line "HideTrayIcon=1" to "HideTrayIcon=0". Alternatively, you can simply delete "Settings.ini" file to reset Shutter's settings to default. But make sure that Shutter is not running when you are altering the settings file, otherwise your changes might get ignored.

Note that the uninstaller will permanently delete Shutter application, but will not delete user created content, such as settings and presets.

#3 2019-10-10 22:49

Kyser

Re: Cannot access Shutter after changed settings

Thank you very much!

This all worked!

smile

Although a little suggestion wink The yellow esclamation mark is not noticeabily clickable. The clickable part should be "for advanced users only" in a blue color like html hyperlink.

Board footer