#1 2020-12-20 15:02

narayan

Product idea: Configurable keyboard shortcuts to enter various texts

Hi

I downloaded a lot of research papers from the Internet, and now I am flooded with nonsensical file names; such as a large number, someone's name, "report", "Final", "Presentation", etc. The pdf name Pascal Script does not work on these files, which means they did not format the pdf files with proper format.

So I have to view each file in a quickviewer, press F2 and enter the name. (If the name is too long, I use an OCR tool, copy the name on clipboard and paste it).

But I also have many text snippets that I have to repeat (for example, "value chain analysis", "wastewater treatment", etc.) I'd like to have a software where I can store the text snippets, and which reproduces them with keyboard shortcuts.

So the software should reproduce multiple strings with an equal number of shortcuts.
But in the simplest case, it should store multiple text strings, but reproduce only one string with a single shortcut.
(The user has to select which of the stored strings to reproduce with that shortcut.)

#2 2020-12-21 18:09

den4b
Administrator

Re: Product idea: Configurable keyboard shortcuts to enter various texts

Have you tried any clipboard managers?

They let you store many things in the clipboard simultaneously and access them via customizable shortcuts.

#3 2020-12-22 17:47

narayan

Re: Product idea: Configurable keyboard shortcuts to enter various texts

Well, I had never heard of them! Thanks for the tip!

Board footer