#1 2008-02-21 01:58

krtek

Case convertion in output of regex replacing

Is there any possibility to change case in the output of regex?

For example:
to change "title" in
Very nice thing [1x01] title of the episode.txt
to uppercase ("Title")

Input regex can be like that: (.+]\s)(.+)
or even that if we isolate the only letter that should be changed ("t"): (.+]\s)(.)(.+)

The question is how to write the output (if its possible) to do the thing?

It seems that in Pearl (with Renamer's $) it would be something like: $1\u$2$3

I noticed that you like to use Pascal scripts for such a job. I don't feel myself confident in Pascal. But I do like the simplicity of regex. Can I use regex for such a job?
If not, could you please think about adding such possibility to next version of that wonderful tool?

Konrad

Ps. Не так уж легко на английском изъяснятся :-) Всего вам лучшего!

Last edited by krtek (2008-02-26 16:43)

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#2 2008-02-27 00:33

den4b
Administrator

Re: Case convertion in output of regex replacing

The reg ex engine (TRegExpr) which I use is limited to the standard functionality, and wouldn't have these fancy options of changing the case in the replace operation. The only person who would be able to add such functionality - is the author of this component. I think it is more complicated than it sounds, and doubt that author will have time to implement this feature in the nearest future. But you can still try asking him directly. P.S. If you do, don't forget to mention that it is a great reg ex engine! wink

By the way, you guessed right - you can do this job with Pascal Script big_smile

Tell me if you need help, it wouldn't be hard for me to write such script...

P.S. Спасибо за добрые пожелания! Если удобнее, то можно общаться по-русски.

#3 2008-02-27 01:27

krtek

I'll try to write it by myself, I will have an opportunity to learn something:-)

Ps. Вот с русским языком такая же история как с моим родном польском... Оооочень приятно на нем общаться, но если хочешь чтобы твои слова были понимаемы/полезны для большого круга слушателей тебе надо перейти на английски. Правда все это касается идеального мира в котором каждый юзер сначала пользуется поиском и постит только тогда, когда не найдет ответ на свой вопрос, но все таки может благодаря "общепонятному" (тфу) языку Тебе не надо будет отвечать несколько раз по одной и той же теме.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#4 2008-02-27 10:25

Stefan

den4b wrote:

The reg ex engine (TRegExpr) which I use is limited to the standard functionality, ...

Maybe this mention from user ICFU in TC-Forum could be from interests
Alextp, author of "Universal Viewer" f.ex., use the Wrapper DIRegEx for PCRE, :
http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/regex/

I guess an implementation fails due lack of time, but maybe interestedly for the future?

BTW, here is an similar request from an another user http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=362

big_smile roll cool

Last edited by Stefan (2008-02-27 10:27)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#5 2008-02-27 15:29

krtek

I thought I've checked all that forum for that topic tongue (Ps. Как видно мир вообще не идеален;))

Last edited by krtek (2008-02-27 15:29)

#6 2008-03-04 20:54

den4b
Administrator

I am aware of DIRegEx component, but it is no use for me because: it is not freeware, and not pure pascal.

Board footer