#1 2008-02-21 16:14

krtek

Exporting filenames to clipboard or/and user input rule

I've just changed v.4.17 to the newest beta version of Renamer (17.02.2008). And I see it goes better and better.
I like expanding the export/import possibilities. Importing new names from clipboard works realy nice. And it would be nice if you could expand it a little bit more.

My problem is that I pretty often change a bunch of filenames for files which are paired and the output of renaming should look eg. like this:
film title 1 something.avi
film title 1 something PL.txt
film title 2 something different.avi
film title 2 something different PL.txt

And input can look like this:
film title 1 something.avi
1.txt
film title 2 something different.avi
2.txt
and so on

Now, I'm doing it this way:
1. I drag avi's to ReNamer and export filenames to the text file
2. I clear the ReNamer's window and drag .txt's to it (as long as numbers are ok, the order of txt's and avi's is the same in ReNamer table)
3. I open the text file, copy it's content (avi filenames) and paste it to the UserInput rule
4. I make a rule with adding PL or RU and changing extention to txt.

It would be perfect if you could export filenames to the clipboard instead of txt or csv file. It would be nice, too, if you could export them straight to the UserInput rule.
It shortens the operation for at least two steps. And you don't have to choose place for saving the temp txt file and then find and delete the temp file after successful renaming.

Best regards,
Konrad

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#2 2008-02-24 13:58

den4b
Administrator

Re: Exporting filenames to clipboard or/and user input rule

You can already export the filenames into the clipboard. After you added your files to ReNamer, press Preview with no rules added and the current names will appear in the New Name column. Then you can simply use the "Export New Names into Clipboard" option, and use the "Import" option to put the modified names back into ReNamer. I am afraid I can't add the "straight into the UserInput" feature, because it will potentially decrease the integrity of the application, from the development point of view.

#3 2008-02-25 01:24

krtek

Re: Exporting filenames to clipboard or/and user input rule

Thanks a lot. That's far enough for me. The most annoying for me was creating/deleting temp file for that job.
Thanks once again!

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

Board footer