#11 2008-03-02 18:55

den4b
Administrator

Re: Files Area Does Not Clear

I tried to reproduce this problem with your steps, but couldn't. I thought I fixed that issue.

What do you mean by "error should occur"? Do you see an error message?

#12 2008-03-03 23:55

eR@SeR

There is no error message. Table window doesn't respond when these actions are done. I noticed this error, when I was renaming a lot of files, and then I selected them, edited, etc. As I said to you before, I don't know how it occured, so I've made these "steps" to reproduce that error and it reproduced. I described as much as I can.
Wait if other users reproduce this problem... If they not, then there is no way to prove that error sad.

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-03-04 01:05)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#13 2008-03-04 21:46

den4b
Administrator

Try this...

Download ReNamerBeta.zip, and unpack it to A NEW LOCATION (empty folder).

Then try to reproduce this error with this clean setup...

#14 2008-03-05 22:25

eR@SeR

I've downloaded Beta... First I extracted only ReNamer.exe and tried to reproduce that problem. It was much harder to me to gain that non responding of table window, than regular version with all files included in ReNamer directory, but I managed 3 times to get error. On regular version it's easy to get that error. I also did what you said to me; all files from ReNamerBeta.zip are extracted in empty folder and like regular version also occured...

Maybe you tried to reproduce it only with Renamer.exe in empty folder, but if you didn't, I suggest to you to notify some registered users to test these actions or I can notify some of them, that I think they could do the testings?

Option Analyze name in right click menu is used in most of cases of gaining error, but it is occured without it also. This is basic explanation, maybe some users have more (programming) experience to describe you these action than me, I don't know sad

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#15 2008-03-08 19:43

den4b
Administrator

For the reference, the previously implemented workaround worked for most, but not all, possible scenarios which lead to the disappearance of the context menu in the files table. eR@SeR has experienced another rare scenario which led to the same problem. This scenario was finally established and reproduced.

The updated component for the files table had a slight problem with not calling the appropriate events in some cases, in particular the events which are called upon manual editing of the nodes. The recent problem happened when "2 slow clicks" were used to manually edit the new name, and then without waiting for the edit field to appear - quickly focus on another file. This sequence of actions would not trigger all appropriate events in the components, and as a result: the context menu of the files table would be left disabled.

I have notified the author of the component about this problem, and I hope he will fix it soon.

I have also updated the latest development version to properly handle the scenario described above.

P.S. Thanks, eR@SeR, for being so persistent with this problem wink

#16 2008-03-09 15:40

eR@SeR

For me that problem wasn't rare sad. I'm glad to hear that you reproduced that "non existing" error. It is strange to me how other users didn't reproduced that error, since it "shows" constantly to me whole year sad. Finally, it is solved once for all big_smile. Thanks for your persistence in reproducing that error.

P.S. Customer (user) is always right. Keep that in mind big_smile.

#17 2008-03-09 18:53

den4b
Administrator

Well, by "rare" I meant that it only happened to you, out of tens of thousands of users of ReNamer tongue

The scenario it-self, which caused this issue, is very rare, i.e. "2 slow clicks" and then quickly focus on another file.

By the way, "Customer" may always be right, but I'm not selling anything. So I can say (with confidence) that "User" isn't always right big_smile

#18 2008-03-09 21:59

eR@SeR

You have to emphasize what you meant by word "rare", keep that in mind too yikes. I put customer only because proverb say that... I was aware of that so I put "user" in brackets!!! lol:lol: anyway, you got me, that's for sure lol:lol:

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-03-09 22:05)

Board footer