#1 2007-10-28 05:03

Nighted

Preset Feature Requests

Hi, I love ReNamer. Excellent program once you get to know it. smile

I have 2 suggestions:

1.) Show the currently active preset in the titlebar.

2.) Each preset would be much more powerful if filters could be saved to them individually. (Have to open and change filters all the time is not very pleasant)

Thanks for your time and the program. big_smile

#2 2007-11-03 22:36

den4b
Administrator

Re: Preset Feature Requests

Hi Nighted! Thanks, I apreciate your feedback smile

These two suggestions are already under consideration, and have been discussed in several topics.

1) Show the currently active preset in the title bar.
This will probably get implemented in a panel of the status bar, instead of a title bar. I think of splitting the status bar in several panels, and using one of them for displaying the currently loaded preset, and clicking on it will result in some list box appearing for easy access to presets.

2.) Each preset would be much more powerful if filters could be saved to them individually.
Agree. You might find more info regarding this idea here: Switching between files/folder mode

#3 2008-04-14 16:36

eR@SeR

1. Make Presets Manager to be non modal...

2. When loading some of presets from presets manager, other rules are removed sad. Could change this behaviour in future or some improvisations (add preset, check boxes etc.)?

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#4 2008-04-15 14:08

den4b
Administrator

1. Make Presets Manager to be non modal
The answer is pretty much same as in this post: Modal Rules Dialog.

2. When loading some of presets from presets manager, other rules are removed
Correct. When new preset loaded, old rules are removed. I don't think this need to be changed.

#5 2008-04-15 14:24

eR@SeR

OK, so it is the same thing as Presets manager roll.

Correct. When new preset loaded, old rules are removed. I don't think this need to be changed.

OK, I respect your decision(s) roll...

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#6 2008-04-22 14:33

den4b
Administrator

Attention everybody! big_smile

Both of these have been implemented and they DO require some testing:

* Added ability to save Filter Settings together with a Preset;
* Added split panel in status bar to display current preset and modification sign;

Tell me how it goes, ok?

#7 2008-04-22 19:59

Stefan

Thank you Denis, this is very nifty. I just test it. :thumpsup:

While trying this feature i wonder why you have no favorites for folders?
Just an idea, no request...

Didn't you think about to store favorite folders to quickly access an working dir?
I think you always start ReNamer from explorer side ;-)

But maybe, who knows?, you like this idea to add favorites to an menu
and additionally save them optionally  along the filter settings into the presets to have all parameters quickly by hand.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#8 2008-04-23 08:18

Fathom

Thanks, I know that took some work.  So far so good on XP big_smile
I have never had a problem with any betas you release.

The new presets (with settings saved within) seem backward compatible in terms of normal function. Nothing gets broken by the extra data should a rnp (preset) file be shared with someone with older version of ReNamer and they can read the setting data easily from the file and set manually, I went back as far as July 2007.  Very cool and unexpected.

This feature relieves nagging fear and paranoia about some of my presets.  I have been relying on batch files to to start ReNamer just to be safe. It was something of a bother to set up for each preset. http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=357 I am glad I don't have to do that any more.

Settings always seem critical to my presets and my memory is not so good.  Elegant solution having filter settings in the presets themselves.  Keeps the rnp files portable with no worry about remembering/communicating setting requirements.

Glad to see ReNamer continuing to evolve, but with this addition I think I can finally ask, "Is it done yet?" smile
Since you added "Natural Sort" (thanks, I rely upon it a great deal) this has been the only feature I have had on my wish list. 

Thanks Much,
Fathom

Last edited by Fathom (2008-04-23 08:45)

#9 2008-05-20 13:25

den4b
Administrator

Stefan wrote:

While trying this feature i wonder why you have no favorites for folders?

Hmm, I don't think so... "favorites" will be a bit too much tongue

Fathom wrote:

"Is it done yet?"

No, I'm sure there will always be some room for improvements and general maintenance! big_smile

#10 2008-05-30 22:10

Stefan

*bump*

* Added ability to save Filter Settings together with a Preset;
* Added split panel in status bar to display current preset and modification sign;

Any more feedback from testers ?

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer