#11 2008-06-16 16:18

Andrew

Re: Rename to 8.3 DOS format?

den4b wrote:

So you see, when renaming LONG to 8.3, new file path is already taken AND new and old file paths are different (character wise) and you get a warning, which is not the case for LONG to LONG or 8.3 to 8.3 renaming.

Ah, that explains it! Thanks for the details Denis. smile

den4b wrote:

I have a feeling that "an already existing new filepath" is somehow different to "pre-existing names", and the latest one could be misinterpreted.

Hmm... The reason why I suggested the change was that from an English language standpoint, the sentence "18 of which has already existing new filepath" doesn't seem to be correct. Simply substituting "have" for "has" also won't help too much here, because the terms "already existing" and "new" contradict each other and are a bit of an oxymoron. How about something like - "Warning! Found 18 invalid file name(s) whose file paths conflict with pre-existing values."?

den4b wrote:

By the way, I fixed the "has/have" problem in validation messages and that "s" in the Delete rule.

Well, if the oxymoron has also been resolved, then in that case everything's all right now I guess! big_smile Though speaking of language/spelling errors Denis, what about this one (and the suggestion as well)?

den4b wrote:

I haven't tried, but I think this could make the File_DOSName tag return an empty string, and that's it.

You're probably right, though I'll still try and confirm it once.

#12 2008-06-21 15:23

den4b
Administrator

How about "18 of which collide with existing filepaths" ?? smile

Regarding the other topic, check it again, I have replied to it.

#13 2008-06-22 15:20

Andrew

den4b wrote:

How about "18 of which collide with existing filepaths" ?? smile

Awesome! "18 of which collide [or even 'conflict'] with existing filepaths" would be great and solve all issues! big_smile

#14 2008-06-25 19:38

den4b
Administrator

If you download the latest development version, you'll see "18 of which conflict with existing filepath(s)" big_smile

P.S. This is also one of those items which might've fit better in a new topic (based on subject) tongue

#15 2008-06-26 16:15

Andrew

den4b wrote:

If you download the latest development version, you'll see "18 of which conflict with existing filepath(s)" big_smile

P.S. This is also one of those items which might've fit better in a new topic (based on subject) tongue

Heh, thanks Denis, and yeah, guess you're true about that last part! tongue Oh well, maybe next time! wink

Board footer