I think would be really usefull. think about it smile

den4bat8.th.png

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
                                                  Socrates, Sec. 38

#2 2008-05-20 13:47

den4b
Administrator

Re: Preset in the right-click box

Yes, it would be very useful. Unfortunately, this will require writing a shell extension as a separate DLL, messing with the registry, and keeping that DLL loaded into the system memory all the time - this would break the Portability of the application. sad

#3 2008-05-22 14:19

Milrem
Website

I thought in that way: "Who wants the Renamer with this, install with this, who dont, simple install the 'standard'."
In the installation will have the options, the standard instalation and the complete instalation, informing of course the DLL modification.
I dont know how to program, but if I knew, I would make something of the gender to facilitate my life.
Just think about it, this is really cool if u think...
I hope you understand my bad English smile
See ya.

edit: Great and not so great...
Man you are completely correct, don't waste the time of your life in something that doesn't please you dude.
And friend you are a saint, for spending so many hours in support. big_smile
And please notice, I am not being here insistent, it would only like you to think about that.
See ya.

Last edited by Milrem (2008-05-22 14:39)

Socrates, Sec. 38

#4 2008-05-22 17:09

krtek

You don't need programming skills to simulate that behaviour big_smile

Just do a shortcut to ReNamer with command line option.
In source put eg.:
"C:\Program Files\ReNamer\ReNamer.exe" /rename "My_Fancy_Preset"

Rename the shortcut to what you want, eg. My_Fancy_Preset. And put that shortcut into SendTo system folder (C:\Documents and Settings\$user$\SendTo).

Now you can send files and folders to ReNamer (I guess it's the "Enviar para" on your Windows). Which really means - rename them with it.
Check other command line options if you would like to only invoke ReNamer and press "Rename" manually (which is MUCH more safe).
And it's good to save filters with your preset to be sure that only needed files will be send to ReNamer if you send a folder to it.

The only drawback of that solution is that you have to create shortcut to every preset you want to use from right-click menu. But it's really small effort and it keeps The App portable and without any mess in registry. What most of us really appreciate.

Cheers,
Konrad

Last edited by krtek (2008-05-22 17:22)

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#5 2008-05-26 15:55

Milrem
Website

Yo, that already helped enough.
Thank ya smile

Socrates, Sec. 38

#6 2008-06-25 19:44

den4b
Administrator

Good update here! big_smile

I've added a dialog for creating links to all presets, so you can easily place links to all presets in the "Send To" folder (for example). There is also an option to use those links for unattended renaming. This is a new feature, and is available in the latest development version, from the Presets menu.

renamerpresetslinkscp0.gif

#7 2008-06-25 22:25

Nighted

Wow, that's very clever Denis. Interesting work around! Very easy and simple.

Milrem, I noticed your screenshot and thought I might suggest a few apps.

There is a freeware called ChangeExt that let's you select any files and then type an extension and change all files extensions, even when selecting files with different extensions...useful for managing cbr, cbz, etc.

There are also a few other programs that would allow you to create your own shell menu for Renamer, all freeware. I'm sure there are quite a few more, but these are the best ones that I've tried.

FileMenu Tools (by far the easiest to setup and backup later, tons of useful tools. Similar to CFi ShellToys)
Fast Explorer (very powerful, also has a DLL available for developers)
SpiritPyre's SubMenuPack (some very useful shell extensions here, also available separately)
awxShellFish (another user customizable shell menu)

#8 2008-06-26 16:08

Andrew

renamerpresetslinkscp0.gif

Hey, that's awesome Denis! smile Also, as a matter of fact, this is exactly the type of dialog I had in mind for Shutter's similar "Create Links" feature! big_smile cool

Last edited by Andrew (2008-06-26 16:13)

#9 2008-07-02 04:14

Milrem
Website

den4b wrote:

I've added a dialog for creating links to all presets, so you can easily place links to all presets in the "Send To" folder (for example). There is also an option to use those links for unattended renaming. This is a new feature, and is available in the latest development version, from the Presets menu.

Man, thank you very much =].

Socrates, Sec. 38

#10 2008-07-26 03:08

Milrem
Website

Hey, I know that passed so much time, but thanks about the list of programs that you writed about.

[ps: Learning the process to mount some english texts..]

Socrates, Sec. 38

Board footer