#11 2007-10-06 15:08

ozzii

Re: List of files

I click onto the FILES table before doing the shortcut cool

The problem was for just one folder (discovered that fact little late).
But now after the supress-add thing, all is OK.
Now the Ctrl+D works like a charm. Thanks again for that feature.

#12 2007-10-06 21:11

den4b
Administrator

Still don't understand where the problem was, but at least you've found the solution! big_smile

#13 2007-10-07 09:51

ozzii

The problem was that with just one folder the Ctrl+D didn't want to work.
But now all is OK.

#14 2008-06-01 22:28

eR@SeR

I have 2 suggestions:

1. For example I add some rule and have in files table 20 or 30 files (doesn't matter).
That rule affects for ex. 14 files. Then I want to rename manually 2 files (F2). I rename them.
Next step, I add second rule which affect to one, several or all files. My 2 manually edited files are restored after addition of second rule. This really bothers me hmm.

Is it possible to remember files which I manually edited (F2)? This change would be great big_smile

2. Some rule added. There is several files in file table (8).
Four of them is highlited; 1 is case changed, 3 of them are wide changed.

Final question: Again smile, It would be great that ReNamer removes ONLY highlighted files from files table not ALL of them, as option "Clear renamed files on rename" do. Could someone explain to me then: What is the difference between "Clear files table on rename" and "Clear renamed files on rename" and to show some example. I would really appreciate your explanation roll. THANKS wink

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#15 2008-06-21 13:39

den4b
Administrator

eR@SeR wrote:

Is it possible to remember files which I manually edited (F2)?

Not really. Remembering manually edited files might introduce a problem when user will want to re-run rules even for manually edited files.

There is a workaround: After you edited you files manually, open "Export/Import" options, and use "Export new names to clipboard". Then add UserInput rule, and paste the previously copied new names into it. This will fix the names as a rule.

eR@SeR wrote:

It would be great that ReNamer removes ONLY highlighted files

You can use "Mark only changed" and then "Clear marked" options.

eR@SeR wrote:

What is the difference between "Clear files table on rename" and "Clear renamed files on rename" and to show some example

"Clear files table on rename" will clear ALL files, whether they were renamed or not (files table will be empty after a successful rename). Clear renamed files on rename" will clear ONLY RENAMED files, which are the files that were MARKED for the renaming (all previously unmarked or failed files will stay in the table).

I think in your case, the best would be to use "Clear renamed files on rename", but use a "Mark only changed" option just before pressing Rename button. Play with it for a bit, and you'll find out why wink

#16 2008-06-26 15:15

eR@SeR

There is a workaround: After you edited you files manually, open "Export/Import" options, and use "Export new names to clipboard". Then add UserInput rule, and paste the previously copied new names into it. This will fix the names as a rule.

I never used UserInput rule till now and it's a good workaround but (I know that we talk about addition of shortcuts to Export/Import options and possible problems of selecting proper window) it would be great to finally add shortcuts to speed the renaming procedure roll

You can use "Mark only changed" and then "Clear marked" options.

Ok, so it's all about marking. I just wanted to remove files that are REALLY renamed (highlighted) from table window. NOT all of them, if you understand me. Can you implement this function too? roll

I think in your case, the best would be to use "Clear renamed files on rename", but use a "Mark only changed" option just before pressing Rename button. Play with it for a bit, and you'll find out why

It is ok now smile Just to let you know when I click to "state" toolbar it won't sort marked/unmarked files.

Think about upper suggestion...Thanks big_smile

P.S.1 Good luck with Spain tonight. It is great achievement to get into semi-final of Euro 2008. Go Russia!!! cool

Edit: P.S.2 Sorry for late reply. When I get adsl I'll be able to post as soon as possible. wink

Last edited by eR@SeR (2008-06-26 15:23)

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#17 2008-07-07 14:32

den4b
Administrator

it would be great to finally add shortcuts....

If you really need shortcuts for some functions, here is what you have to do:
1) Identify functions which "really-really" need shortcuts
2) Analyze all existing shortcuts
3) Propose new shortcuts for your functions, which satisfy these rules:
      a) not contradictory with other shortcuts (including system ones),
      b) somehow easy to remember or associated with the given functions.

NOTE: Please, post the proposed shortcuts in a new topic, quoting the criteria listed above (for future reference).

I just wanted to remove files that are REALLY renamed (highlighted) from table window

Yep, as I said before, use these steps: Preview, Mark only changed, Rename, Clear marked.

when I click to "state" toolbar it won't sort marked/unmarked files

State column is sorted by the state of the file which is represented by the state Icon, not the checkbox.

P.S. Thanks for your support! big_smile Unfortunately, it ended up as bronze, not gold... sad

#18 2008-07-07 20:01

eR@SeR

If you really need shortcuts for some functions, here is what you have to do:
1) Identify functions which "really-really" need shortcuts
2) Analyze all existing shortcuts
3) Propose new shortcuts for your functions, which satisfy these rules:
      a) not contradictory with other shortcuts (including system ones),
      b) somehow easy to remember or associated with the given functions.

NOTE: Please, post the proposed shortcuts in a new topic, quoting the criteria listed above (for future reference).

Ok I'll think shortcuts, create new topic, then we can talk about mine future propositions smile

Yep, as I said before, use these steps: Preview, Mark only changed, Rename, Clear marked.

Ok I understood. Shortcuts are good solution to speed the process of renaming and THANKS for finally implementing them i.e. it will be wink

State column is sorted by the state of the file which is represented by the state Icon, not the checkbox.

Aaahaaa, so that is the reason. I didn't thought that could be related to Icons.

So, there is new question big_smile: Could you make column for checkboxes to sort marked from unmarked files?

One more suggestion: When is pressed F2 whole name is selected (inc. ext.), can you make selection to be without ext.?
I hope you don't get an impression that I make pressure on you posting too much questions, sorry if I did roll

P.S. Thanks for your support! big_smile Unfortunately, it ended up as bronze, not gold...

No welcome wink. Anyway, it is great achievement to be in semifinal beating Holland which shown AMAZING games on Euro 2008 beating France and actual World champion Italy. Spain beats you in group phase so it was expected from them to repeat that result... sad

#19 2008-07-28 20:51

eR@SeR

Yet more suggestions big_smile

1)

eR@SeR wrote:

So, there is new question big_smile: Could you make column for checkboxes to sort marked from unmarked files?

2)

eR@SeR wrote:

One more suggestion: When is pressed F2 whole name is selected (inc. ext.), can you make selection to be without ext.?

Just to remind you... tongue

3) Also adding ordinal number in front of filenames into file table would be great for better review... Thanks wink

#20 2008-07-31 16:25

den4b
Administrator

Could you make column for checkboxes to sort marked from unmarked files?
Check out latest dev version wink

When is pressed F2 whole name is selected (inc. ext.), can you make selection to be without ext.?
Unfortunately, I can't (easily). The little edit box is controlled by the table component, internally.

Also adding ordinal number in front of filenames into file table would be great for better review..
Just use the Serialize rule for this tongue ,, and untick it when you are about to rename...

Board footer