#1 2008-10-27 17:27

silverfoxdj

Load delimited txt file of DVD titles and rename VTS files in order

I have 3 years of DVD video files that are getting ripped to my hard drive as separate Chapters and currently being named as VTS01 -VTS59 etc by the program DVD Decrypter (Free).

I was wondering if your "Renamer" program can be set up to read a delimited txt file as a source of DVD listings and rename the VTS files in order as listed on the track listing file, so that they would come out as "Artist" Title" Album" etc.

They would need to be recognized & played in the various VJDJ software out there. PCDJVJ, Virtual DJ etc. 

This would be a great tool to eliminate 60 tracks per disk X 36 three years of manually renaming the files.

Any help in doing this would be very welcomed to me and the DJ/VJ community.

I could upload a sample file but an example would be on the Promo Only site ( Canadian) as "Hot Video"s Track listings, these would be the contents of the individual DVD's that I would need to manually rename after ripping.

Many thanks to those programmer aware folks who can advise how this could be done. A chap wrote a program in the U.S. to do this but it can't handle the Canadian formatted track listings on Promo Only. Program called DJExtractor by LmOffice.

Thanks...

#2 2008-10-28 00:51

SafetyCar
Website

Re: Load delimited txt file of DVD titles and rename VTS files in order

silverfoxdj wrote:

I was wondering if your  "Renamer" program can be set up to read a delimited txt file as a source of DVD listings and rename the VTS files in order as listed on the track listing file, so that they would come out as "Artist" Title" Album" etc.

Hmmm... I don't understand very well... could you put (paste) an example of a txt list?

Last edited by SafetyCar (2008-10-28 00:51)

If this software has helped you, consider getting your pro version. :)

#3 2008-10-28 12:44

Stefan

Re: Load delimited txt file of DVD titles and rename VTS files in order

As i understood silverfoxdj... he has

FILES -------and----- LIST OF NAMES in an TXT-File

In ReNamer i would load the files
VTS01
VTS02
VTS03
VTS04
VTS05
-VTS59

and add an RULE "UserInput"
where i would load the TXT-File with content of.
Name01
Name02
Name03
Name04
Name05
Name59

Press SAVE RULE
and then click on PREVIEW to see if the names fit.
VTS01 --------------- Name01
VTS02 --------------- Name02
VTS03 --------------- Name03
VTS04 --------------- Name04
VTS05 --------------- Name05
-VTS59 --------------- Name59

This would rename file-one(VTS01) with text from line-one(Name01) from TXT-Files, file-two with text from line-two, file-three with tex....

ALLWAYS TEST ON TEST FILES FIRST ;-)

-EDIT:
> delimited txt file

Oh i see now you have delimited txt file...
CSV ?
You have to format your list of file names first.
In every line of this list there must be one file name only.

Just use an good editor and search for DELIMITER and replace with CRLF (new line)
like f.ex. :%s/,/^M/g with VIM ;-)

If you need more help on this ... or your goal was an totally  other... just ask :-)

Last edited by Stefan (2008-10-28 16:30)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

Board footer