#1 2009-01-20 14:36

ivanivienen

Problems writting a batch file

Hi! thanks for your answers to my topic about folders. I have a problem. I need to write a batch file, this file will perform a command not related with renamer and afterwards I need this batch file to run renamer as a command-line. I cannot succeed with the rename line in the batch file. However, If I write at the command-line the line myself, it will succeed and rename the files I need. The batch file exactly shows as follows:

cd
testimp3 text\*.txt         
cd
renamer /rename "Testimp3RulesInsertFolderName" "mp3"

It will in the batch file let me run only the program testimp3. I have tried using the command call too. I do not know if it is something relating batch files or if it something deep concerning renamer. Thanks a lot for all. Ivan.

#2 2009-01-20 16:33

Stefan

Re: Problems writting a batch file

Hi Ivan,

did your keyboard have an ENTER key? If yes, please use it and modify your post that way i can guess what your batch does.

Thank you.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2009-01-20 17:47

ivanivienen

Hi Stefan. Thanks. I did not know if "enter" key would send the message in stead of separating lines (as in many programs it would). I will give it a try. On top of this I am not sure how to use the special symbols to emphasize the code.   

Here is the batch file.

cd 
; it would pick the running directory where the batch file is located
testimp3 text\*.txt
; this is a program I tell it to work some files.
cd
renamer /rename "Testimp3RulesInsertFolderName" mp3
; i pass the folder "mp3" to renamer and using Testimp3RulesInsertFolderName

The batch files ends here.
Some times I try to add a call line before running testimp3 program and also before the renamer line. Thanks in advance for all.

#4 2009-01-20 20:14

Stefan

ivanivienen wrote:

cd
; it would pick the running directory where the batch file is located
testimp3 text\*.txt
; this is a program I tell it to work some files.
cd
renamer /rename "Testimp3RulesInsertFolderName" mp3
; i pass the folder "mp3" to renamer and using Testimp3RulesInsertFolderName

Your 'cd' command does nothing then echo the current path, i guess this is the bug.
Please provide your real path of batch file, path of folder with files and path of install folder of ReNamer
and the real batch if it isn't the real one.

And check your ReNamer setting, i guess for example the "Add files within folder" option

from the help:

"ReNamer.exe" /rename "MyRules" "C:\Folder"
o  This command will launch a new instance of the program,
will load the preset with the name "MyRules",
will add contents of folder "C:\Folder"    ===> (depending on the default settings),
and will execute Preview and Rename operations (program will close upon successful completion of all operations).

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#5 2009-01-21 09:23

ivanivienen

Hi Stefan. Thanks for all. It finally worked and I made a mistake. I wrote between quotes the Rules applied. When I took off the quotes it worked fine. Thanks again Ivan.

Board footer