Two things smile

1) Great new forum - it's so much faster than the old one

2) Resubmit Renamer to Betanews and I'll vote asap

#2 2006-07-22 23:57

den4b
Administrator

Re: Nice Renamer update

1) Great new forum - it's so much faster than the old one

Good to hear that, it took a lot of effort to set it up, re-using all the posts and users from the old forum smile

2) Resubmit Renamer to Betanews and I'll vote asap

Why resubmit? It was always there: ReNamer at BetaNews/FileForum. Maybe you meant updating their info about the v4.10?

#3 2006-07-23 00:08

den4b
Administrator

Re: Nice Renamer update

By the way, I had 2 people so far (since v3.x got released), saying that I "ruined the interface" since the version 3.x. They still use old v2.35 that had all the rules configurations on the main window. Some people simply don't understand how much flexibility and power the new interface brought, as well as clearer user interface. I will agree that configuring the rules might take few seconds more, then it used to be in the old 1.x and 2.x, but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to take. Now, rules are added dynamically, the fact that they are separate from the main window gives me ability to add more options to rules, add more new rules, and users can use as many rules as you wish at once - these are just some of the advantages of the new design. I would not call this a "ruined the interface", things change, requirements change, everything goes to better... but sometimes some things contradict with the change, so they have to be removed.

This greatgooglymoogly posted the "ruined the interface" comment on the FileForum, and that is just sad.

Board footer