#1 2009-06-26 13:39

ARBMM7

TRegExpr(comp): ParseReg Too Many () (pos47)

Any explanation about what the above error means and how I can "pre-edit" my filenames to rid them of whatever "error" is causing the problem I'm having.

I'm new to ReName ... it solved one problem I had but, the output above (in the 'Topic Subject' of this forum post) from attempting to run ReName on certain specific files has caused a different problem.

I will also say that SOME error in the renaming of my files ... on some subset of the same files I'm trying to run ReName on ... occured when I merely attempted to copy/move files from one location to another, using the Windows Explorer File Manager, under Yn XP.  I was allowed to copy 6800 of 7200 files but, NOT the remaing 600 (approximately).

Well, this my initial post/question in this forum so, I will stop now.  Any help will be appreciated.  A list of possible "error messages" & their meaning would help, both now & in the future,

ARBMM7

#2 2009-06-26 15:34

krtek

Re: TRegExpr(comp): ParseReg Too Many () (pos47)

Hmm, it would be nice if you'd written what did you want to do.
The error means some problem with Regular Expressions parser. Perhaps too many capture groups, but I can't say for sure.
I don't think that it's a matter of your filenames, so I don't think that any "pre-edit" of them might help. It's about rules you want to use.
Give an example of the rule that throws that error.

ARBMM7 wrote:

I will also say that SOME error in the renaming of my files ... on some subset of the same files I'm trying to run ReName on ... occured when I merely attempted to copy/move files from one location to another, using the Windows Explorer File Manager, under Yn XP.  I was allowed to copy 6800 of 7200 files but, NOT the remaing 600 (approximately).

I've got no idea what you mean... If you need any answer to that, please describe the situation more clearly.

Cheers,
Konrad

Ps. It's ReNamer, not ReName...

Last edited by krtek (2009-06-26 15:37)

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#3 2009-06-27 13:39

Andrew

Re: TRegExpr(comp): ParseReg Too Many () (pos47)

ARBMM7 wrote:

Are those same 600 or some subset of them throwing that error in ReNamer? If even Explorer is unwilling to copy/move the files, there may be something else at work here. Run a disk check ASAP and also confirm whether you have any sort of wierd/special characters in the filenames. Also make sure no indexer or anything similar is running and has "grabbed hold" of the files.

Last edited by Andrew (2009-06-27 13:41)

Board footer