#21 2009-06-11 09:24

prologician

Re: Rearrange and Rename Folder Name Artist Album Pascal Script

You're right, you weren't far off. *^^*

I just now noticed your note about "Length(FileNameTestWord) > 4", where you're checking that there is a real filename before you try to rename it. This does have some problems, however.... it assumes that the extension is always 3 characters long, which isn't necessarily true.

A better way to do this test would be "WideLength(WideExtractBaseName(FileNameTestWord)) > 0". It makes the constant a 0 (which is not as strange as 4 in program code), and addresses the issue of file extension length. smile

#22 2009-06-11 12:11

Yogui

Hi prologician,

I've updated from your last post, fix the ReplaceRegEx arguments were wrong roll and add some comments. cool

Seems that is working tongue

{File delete parent n grand parent folder string}

var
  Path: TStringsArray;
  Depth: Integer;
  FileNameTest: WideString;
  FileNameTestWord: WideString;
begin

if WideFileExists(FilePath) then              {Process files only}
  begin
    Path:=WideSplitString(FilePath,'\');        {Create Array}
    Depth:=Length(Path);
    If (Depth>2) then                           {Check Parent and Grand Parent exist in Array}
    begin

FileNameTest := WideReplaceStr(Path[Depth-1], Path[Depth-2], '');                   {Replace Parent (If Found)}
      FileNameTest := WideReplaceStr(FileNameTest, Path[Depth-3], '');                    {Replace Grand-Parent (If Found)}

FileNameTestWord := ReplaceRegEx(FileNameTest, '(-_=|\s)' , '', False, False)       {RegEx to clean up a testword}

If WideLength(WideExtractBaseName(FileNameTestWord)) > 0 then                       {Rename only if there is something left after replacing on the testword}
            FileName := FileNameTest
    end
  end;
end.

#23 2009-09-16 22:56

alext

Hi,
I'm really struggling with something which seems very related to this but since I don't understand pascal I don't know how to modify this script for my needs.
Basically, I have songs files in a big folder in the format "Artist - Song.mp3". I want to rename them so that all the songs by the same artist appear in separate folders. ie I want to have "Artist/Song.mp3".
Please can you help. I know this must be simple but I've been searching the forum for ages and still have no idea.
Thanks!

#24 2009-09-17 02:34

narayan

Use the latest beta, and use the Rearrange rule in it. (No scripts required at all).

Use the following settings:

Delimiter:  " - "  (without the quotes).
New pattern: $1\$2
Skip extension [x] (ticked)

See help here: http://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Rules:Rearrange
(See example-2 in Advanced Uses section, halfway down the page, )

Last edited by narayan (2009-09-17 03:24)

Board footer