#1 2009-05-20 18:13

krtek

Loading (and exporting) presets from (to) clipboard

Presets are text files.
We do not do that, but we could share "ready to go" presets as solutions to problems on the forum.
It would be a timesaver for solutions that need more then few rules.
I don't use that possibility cause I am affraid of explaining to a newbe what to do with the text he would get. Digging up the ReNamers folder for the needed preset file, saving it and then deleting is also what makes me unwilling to post presets.
But if it was possible to easily copy preset to clipboard and load it from clipboard...
What do you think?

The other thing is readability of preset file. You can't discuss the solution without loading it to ReNamer.
Sharing presets is great from the point of view of efficiency and awful from the educational point of view.

So there I have a second suggestion (and probably more important):
Exporting preset in readable format especially for the forum.
Let's say I've tested my solution to the problem. I've got my rules ready to post on the forum. So I click "export for forum" and then paste it in my post. Wonderful, because I don't have to type it all once again rule by rule.

And the best of all would be if I could use both exports (readable for forum and as a preset) and post it with preset hidden. I don't know if PunBB offer this. Something like:

1. Replace rule
Find: " - "
Replace: "*"
Occurence: First
SkipExt: +,  CaseSens: -

+......... and after clicking on the + you can see the preset:

[Rule0]
Name=Replace
Config=TEXTWHAT:+%2D+;TEXTWITH:%2A;WHICH:1;SKIPEXTENSION:1;CASESENSITIVE:0;USEWILDCARDS:0
Marked=1

Last edited by krtek (2009-05-20 18:16)

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#2 2009-05-20 20:00

Stefan

Re: Loading (and exporting) presets from (to) clipboard

Good idea krtek!

Maybe an new option "New preset" in "Preset Manager" would to it?

So we could tell newbies:

- select and copy the code below
- start ReNamer
- press Ctrl+M (open "Preset Manager")
- click on "New preset" (create an new *.rnp in ReNamers presets folder)
- paste the code
- save
- test it with your files

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2009-05-20 20:34

krtek

Preset manager could do it if it had "New preset" option.
But I would rather see it in Presets/Load from clipboard or Presets/Load.../from clipboard

The thing is to make it simpler. And not to have to make/save any new unneeded temp .rnp files.
I would like to shorten your explanation to that:
- select and copy the code below
- select Presets/Load/from clipboard
- test it

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#4 2009-08-15 23:33

Stefan

Copy and Load Presets to/from clipboard would be very nifty.

An export into an human readable form would be also very welcome to aid our help in forum for newbies.
(At least i want to be able to export (copy to clipboard) that what i see in rules list, but this would less helps)

If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#5 2009-09-28 20:35

den4b
Administrator

I've added "Export to Clipboard" option to rules context menu, which will be available in the next beta version. This option will simply export the human-readable configurations for rules, like you see in the rules table. I hope this will help you guys provide support on the forum.

It is a small step towards the rest of the suggestions.

#6 2009-09-29 08:17

Stefan

Thank you Denis, this will helps at least for double checking,
a la "Do this...then that ... then it should looks like:"

1) CleanUp: Insert space in front of capitals (skip extension)
2) Rearrange: Split by delimiters "DJ", New pattern "$1 DJ $2" (skip extension)

For experienced user this should even be enough to guess how he should set up the rules.

Pretty fine! Thank you  big_smile

Board footer