#1 2009-11-03 13:33

seto1948

Masks in Presets saved with Filter Settings

I think I have found a bug to do with the Mask in Filter Settings and Presets:

When you load a Preset that was saved with Filter Settings that contained a Mask (e.g. *.mp3),  this mask does not seem to be used when you Add Folders. The mask that IS used when you Add Folders, is the last mask that you manually saved in the main window under Filters.

Surprisingly, when you open the Filters window after you load the preset, you will see the mask that was saved in the Preset, but it is not the one in effect when you Add Folders.

If and when you confirm and fix this bug, how can I get a fixed product/ReNamer so I can continue with my work without having to wait for the next release? (I am in the middle of renaming about 5000 files and I don't know when the next release will be).

Thank you and regards,
Seto

A later addition to my bug report above:

I don't think any of the parameters in Filters are being put into effect when saved and later reloaded with Presets. What is in effect is the last manual save of the filters. Not sure about this - please check.

Last edited by seto1948 (2009-11-03 15:15)

#2 2009-11-03 22:26

krtek

Re: Masks in Presets saved with Filter Settings

I've reproduced the issue. It looks like a bug.

If and when you confirm and fix this bug, how can I get a fixed product/ReNamer so I can continue with my work without having to wait for the next release?

You will be able to find a new release in download section (as ReNamer beta). Denis posts betas quite often - as soon as he changes anything.

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#3 2009-11-03 23:25

den4b
Administrator

Thank you for reporting this!

After a quick inspection I have found the source of the problem. Masks in filter settings are split up into a cached array of masks, for increased performance. The problem is that the cached array is not updated properly when filter settings are loaded from the preset.

I don't have time to fix it today, but I will definitely do this tomorrow. I will post it here straight away.

#4 2009-11-04 16:15

den4b
Administrator

#5 2009-11-04 22:04

seto1948

I have tested your fix and it works perfectly!

Thank you so much for the exceptional support.  wink

Seto

Board footer