#1 2010-08-30 12:37

mathew

Overwrite renamed folder

Hi,
I'm using ReNamer at first time. After renaming folders with files I find also an empty folder with the old name behind the new renamed folder with the files in it.

I want only rename directly, overwrite the folder names directly, without an empty folder with the old name.

I can not find an option for this. Is it realize in generally?

Thanks.
Mathew

#2 2010-08-30 16:03

Stefan

Re: Overwrite renamed folder

Hi Mathew,

there is normally no  "empty folder with the old name" left behind.
Only if you have told ReNamer to do so.

Maybe you want to post the steps and rules you have done so someone may help you?
(Try right mouse click into the rules and copy to clipboard)

Last edited by Stefan (2010-08-30 16:05)

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2011-03-13 16:52

Eron

I have the same problem i think. If i add folders with files in it to rename the folder itself and the files inside, i end up with a correctly renamed folder with unrenamed files in it and an empty folder with the old unrenamed name.
I think its because it renames the folder first and "forgets" to rename the files inside.
Is there an option to rename the files inside folders first and then rename the folder itself at last?

Now i need to do the renaming two times, one is rename the folders names, select all remove and re-import the folders to rename the files inside...

Edit: If i sort by path and the files names is up and the folder name is at bottom all works good. Other way around and i get the problem described.

Last edited by Eron (2011-03-13 17:00)

#4 2011-03-13 17:09

Stefan

Please see if this answer will help you >>> http://www.den4b.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=718

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#5 2011-03-13 17:12

Eron

Yes ty. Its exactly what happens to me. It would be nice to have an option to always have files renamed before folders. If i forget to sort by path correctly i have to rename things two times and all takes double time smile

Board footer