#1 2011-12-12 06:39

lrodrigu70

Newbie - Web Interface Setup Questions

Hi, I just ran across your program and it sounds great! I've downloaded the beta version in the zip file and am trying to intall but I'm having a bit of difficulty and I'm hoping you can help.  Below is the detail of what i've done so far to try to set up the Web Interface but I'm not having any luck.

1st Question:
There is no installer so I copied the ziped files to a folder on a drive in my computer and am running the program from there.  Is this OK or should the program be in a specific location on my PC i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\  etc.

OK so here is what I did to set up the Web Interface and I did something wrong because it is not working.  When I try to access the Web Interface from the internet remotely I get an error that says "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

Shutter Web Interface Setup:
I enabled the Web Interface on the Shutter program and configured the settings as follows:

Listen IP: I chose my router administration control panel IP address from the list
Listen Port: I typed 1087
Username: I typed in a username of my choice
Password: I typed in a pw of my choice
Allow command line execution: I checked this box

On my D-Link Wireless Router I configured the following under Virtual Server Advanced tab:

Name: Remote
Private IP: I entered the same IP address I chose on the Listen IP drop down box in the Shutter program.

Protocol Type: TCP
Private Port: 1087
Public Port: 1090
Schedule: Always

On my Norton Antivirus Program under Firewall Traffic Rules I added the following rule:

Action: Allow connections that match this rule
Connections: Connections from other computers
Computers: Any computer
Communications: TCP (Only communications that match remote port 1087 thru 1090)

Last edited by lrodrigu70 (2011-12-12 07:00)

Board footer