#1 2014-01-11 15:24

den4b
Administrator

Shutter 3.4

We have many improvements and new features for you in Shutter.

To get started, the web interface got a polished look and is now mobile friendly so you can browse it from your favorite gadget much more comfortably. There are two icons on the status bar of the main interface which will tell you weather the web interface and protection are active and also give you a quick access. A brand new "Hard Disk Usage" event which was often requested is added to the set of events, but beware that it requires Windows XP at least. While for the old timers, the support for pre Windows 2000 machines have been restored.

That was just a quick summary. Enjoy!

Full list of changes in Shutter 3.4:

* Added confirmation dialog before unregistering the product;
* Changed all tool window style forms to dialog style to prevent from hiding of the application from Alt+Tab task switching in Windows 7;
* License expiration is checked against UTC date instead of local;
* Opening web interface URL via Options was failing due to invalid URL when using IP address 0.0.0.0, so 127.0.0.1 will be used in such case;
* Added icons to the status bar showing whether the web interface and protection options are enabled;
* Updated icons used on the main interface;
* Exiting via the tray icon option will shutdown the application gracefully instead of terminating it abruptly;
* Web interface now scales appropriately in mobile browsers;
* Explicitly turn off "autocapitalize" and "autocorrect" text field attributes in the Web Interface when displaying on iOS devices;
* Polished web interface pages and styles;
* Secondary windows are centered to the main window only on first show;
* Added shortcut keys to Start/Stop/Now actions: F5, F6, F7;
* Updated donation URL;
* Waiting cursor is displayed while starting events;
* Saving of events and actions on exit and loading on startup is optional;
* Added "Hard Disk Usage" event which triggers when read/write/total transfer speed drops below specified usage for a period of time;
* Added "Save" option for directly saving the currently loaded preset;
* Windows version warnings are now highlighted when not met;
* Fixed problem with re-selecting a correct network interface;
* Stop updating network event when network interface is gone;
* Added thousand separator to the network usage display;
* Fixed issue that caused incorrect limitation on number of presets;
* Option to prevent system idle sleep while Shutter is activated;
* Dynamically link GetLastInputInfo Win API function which is available only on Windows 2000 and later; Fixes startup problem on Windows 98/Me/NT;
* Screenshot functionality has been updated to handle multi-monitor desktops and semi-transparent windows (CAPTUREBLT flag);
* Web interface will no longer activate Shutter with current events/actions when a non-existent preset has been supplied.
* Web interface pages are now translatable;

#2 2014-01-20 14:53

Prelude1

Re: Shutter 3.4

Hi,

I would like Shutter to have a new feature that mutes the volume of the microphone after a period of inactivity.

I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and sometimes, I get up from my desk and forget to mute the microphone manually. As a result, a document can be filled with random words generated by background noise in my work area.

#3 2014-01-21 19:28

den4b
Administrator

Re: Shutter 3.4

Hi,

It's a good suggestion. I will put it on the list of ideas for future implementation.

Board footer