#1 2017-01-18 11:00

Grendizerus

Export and import presets

Hello!

First I want to thank Den4b for his shutter app! I have been looking for the perfect solution for my needs , and I tried many similar apps, and the best one is Shutter! What I like especially with shutter is that it's the only one I know which allows to prevent the PC from sleeping WHILE monitoring, until a task is complete, then shuts down the PC. This makes shutter very useful for shutting down the PC after a 3d render is complete!

And now my question:
I must set the exact same preset and settings on shutter , that's installed on 3 different PC's. So I would need to export then import the presets. How can I do that?

Thanks!!
-G

#2 2017-01-18 11:49

den4b
Administrator

Re: Export and import presets

Thanks for the feedback! smile

Presets are individual files which can be copied and reused between instances of Shutter. Preset files are normally stored in the Shutter's folder in Presets subfolder, e.g. C:\Tools\Shutter\Presets.

However, if you have installed Shutter in a protected location like Program Files, then Presets would be stored in VirtualStore, more on that on the wiki:
http://www.den4b.com/wiki/Compatibility … UAC_issues

#3 2017-01-18 11:54

Grendizerus

Hello Den4b, thanks for your answer. Is there a way to change the default Presets folder location? The best would be to put this folder in OneDrive...

#4 2017-01-18 14:13

den4b
Administrator

Grendizerus wrote:

Is there a way to change the default Presets folder location?

Not at the moment.

But you could utilize NTFS symbolic links to make the Presets folder be a link to your shared folder in OneDrive for example.

More about NTFS symbolic links:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/co … -or-linux/

#5 2017-01-18 14:51

Grendizerus

Excellent! Thanks again!

#6 2018-07-14 13:58

Grendizerus

Hello, I just noticed there is a new version of Shutter so I upgraded from v3.9 to v4.2
Nice surprise: the preset are now in a more user friendly location.
But currently the presets are stored in: C:\Users\david\OneDrive\Documents\den4b\Shutter\Presets
I don't like app files to be inside the user documents folder. Is it possible to choose the location of the presets?
Symbolic links and Onedrive give me problems one some computers.
Thanks

#7 2018-07-14 15:52

den4b
Administrator

Grendizerus wrote:

I don't like app files to be inside the user documents folder. Is it possible to choose the location of the presets?

Yes, you can change the location where Shutter stores its settings by modifying the content of "Storage.ini" file, located in the installation folder.

You need replace the entire content of this file with a full path, where you wish to store Shutter's settings. You can also utilize environmental variables, such as %USERPROFILE%. So, if you replace the content of that file with "%USERPROFILE%\Shutter" (without quotes), the effective storage location would be "C:\Users\david\Shutter".

#8 2018-07-14 17:58

Grendizerus

This works perfectly. Thanks for adding this possibility !! It's great work!

Board footer