Localization Old 2014
This article describes localization/translation of the software, please read it all carefully before attempting to participate.
Translating a product to a different language can be performed using two methods:
- Text file - simply fill in the mapping of original text with translated text.
- Localization project - using 3rd party localization tool.
The text file contains a triplet separated by an equal sign "=" like so:
Where components are:
- CONTEXT - identifies the component associated with the text (do not edit).
- ORIGINAL - original text (do not edit).
- TRANSLATION - translated text (edit this part).
Here is a snippet of the translated text file:
Steps for translating a product to your (any) language:
- Download the localization file, either
- Plain text file
- Localization project file