Localization Old 2014
This article describes localization/translation of the software, please read it all carefully before attempting to participate.
The previous version of the localization article is still available for reference.
|Version||Text file||Localization project||Russian||Serbian||French||Spanish|
Translating a product to a different language can be performed using two methods:
- Text file - simply fill in the mapping of original text with translated text.
- Localization project - using 3rd party localization tool.
Steps for translating a product:
- Download the either the text file or localization project.
- Create or update the translated text.
- Email the translated file to us (use email address from the About dialog of any product).
Important notes (you must know):
- Try to match the length of the translated text with the length of the original text.
- Some components may not fit longer text, so it is better to make it shorter rather than longer.
- Beware of the special formatting and symbols, make sure to maintain it, translate only actual words.
- If you don't have a good translation for some text, just leave those blank.
- Save the text file using Unicode (UTF-8) encoding.
Method: Text file
The text file contains a triplet separated by an equal sign "=" like so:
Where components are:
- CONTEXT - identifies the component associated with the text (do not edit).
- ORIGINAL - original text (do not edit).
- TRANSLATION - translated text (edit this part).
Here is a snippet of the translated text file:
Method: Localization project
Localization project is created with a 3rd party product called Sisulizer. Translators can use a free version of this product which is bundled with full download, simply choose the "Free Edition" at the installation stage.
Once installed, load the localization project and enjoy a user-friendly translation experience with many great features to assist you.