#11 2013-03-31 18:41

therube

Re: Plans for the near future

outdated applications such as CPUMon, Hasher and Hooker. There hasn't been much development on these products and there are no big plans for them in new future either. They seem to have reached the end of their life cycle. I will keep them in the products listing for now, but I am considering of removing them in the future.

Why not release Hasher 3.0 Alpha?
I use it regularly.
I set up a shortcut for it in SendTo.
I recommend it always, anytime the topic comes up.
Have yet to find anything better smile.

And thank you.

#12 2013-04-01 01:55

den4b
Administrator

therube wrote:

Why not release Hasher 3.0 Alpha?

Hasher was always and odd one out of all applications. I wanted to create an ultimate hashing utility which can satisfy all needs, yet, keep it clean and easy to use - which seems to be extremely difficult. After 3 attempts at redesigning the application I am still not happy with how it came out.

Functionality which I wanted to implement:

• Hash a single file

• Compare two files

• Hash multiple files and save into a file for later verification

• Verify a file containing a list of files and their hashes

• Hash a text

Each of these seems to require its own separate user interface, making the whole application rather complicated. So it's back to the drawing board...

#13 2013-04-08 11:18

Andrew

eR@SeR wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Regarding registration, all I'll say is that users very quickly begin to hate programs that "encourage" them to do things by repeatedly bombarding them with messages/dialogs.

That is done only for first usage of program. There is no bombarding as you say. Only if you delete .ini file, message will pop up.

I know what it does at present, it's not too hard to figure out. I was talking about such things in general. It's a slippery slope and I wanted to mention a few things Denis might want to avoid, since as soon as you start irritating users you start losing them (should be obvious). A first launch dialog (even with the short delay) is fine, I see no problem with it since one is getting to use such a fantastic utility for free (personal use) after all.

#14 2013-04-09 11:04

den4b
Administrator

I totally understand your concern about irritating users with annoying prompts.

I myself would be on top of the list to first get annoyed with popups, so I'm not planning to move beyond this "terms of use" dialog shown on the first launch.

Board footer