#1 2018-02-23 05:16

miserable

Potential minor bug in Shutter 4.2 - "Planner cannot be started!"

I'm using Shutter Pro 4.2 under Windows 10 Pro x64.

When I run Shutter with the /preset command line option and the "Start event monitoring when application launches" option enabled, I get the following error dialog:

Planner cannot be started!
There must be at least one event or action.

The command line I'm running is:

"C:\Users\UserName\Documents\den4b\Shutter\Do Stuff\Shutter.exe" /preset "Do Stuff"

Of course, "Do Stuff.spr" exists in the .\Presets directory. Once I dismiss the aforementioned dialog and view the Shutter window, the events and actions are there, just as they should be, and events are already started.

Unchecking "Start event monitoring when application launches" prevents the error.

#2 2018-02-23 13:51

den4b
Administrator

Re: Potential minor bug in Shutter 4.2 - "Planner cannot be started!"

Thank you for reporting this issue.

There are two separate issues related to the auto start of the default preset, as a result of enabling the "Start event monitoring when application launches" option:

1. If the default preset is empty (no events or actions defined), you will be greeted by the "Planner cannot be started..." message on startup.

2. Auto start of the default preset is performed even when a command line argument was used to start a specified preset, which is loaded immediately afterwards.

In both cases, skipping the auto start of the default preset will resolve the issue.

The 1st case has already been resolved in Shutter 4.2.0.1 Beta. The 2nd case will be resolved in Shutter 4.2.0.2 Beta. In earlier versions, disabling the "Start event monitoring when application launches" option will avoid both issues.

Board footer