#1 2021-02-27 11:51

Ted

A few ideas

(google translator) smile

1. Could ReName remember the position and size of all dialogues?

2. Could you introduce a button that toggles the display?
Display 1: show source filename and destination filename in one line.
Display 2: all columns in a separate line each, i.e. 1 text block for each file. And each text block with something visually separated from each other.

3. I would like that after loading a folder, only those names that are changed are marked. In addition, all marked names should be visible at the top of the list. In version 7.2 I have to have the changed names marked manually with a right click and then sort the list according to the marking. I have to do that every time, it's a bit cumbersome.

4. The color for the names to be changed can be set. Could you make a second color selectable, which is then selected when the line is selected? Now: if a line ist selectet it will turn to blue, but then I will find it very difficult to read the text.

With best regards,
Ted

#2 2021-03-08 20:57

den4b
Administrator

Re: A few ideas

1. Could ReNamer remember the position and size of all dialogues?

Yes, there is an option in the Settings to remember the position of main windows.

2. Could you introduce a button that toggles the display?

You proposing to display all columns in a free-text form, as opposed to a table?

3. I would like that after loading a folder, only those names that are changed are marked...

This kind of file management automation is planned for a scripting interface, like a Pascal Script rule that could be executed on demand.

4. The color for the names to be changed can be set. Could you make a second color selectable...

The color used for highlighting the selected rows is defined by the operating system, and it can be adjusted through themes. Alternatively, you can simply select a better suited color for the changed names in ReNamer.

Board footer