#1 2021-06-20 20:03

loungebob

Featured artist names within brackets to be capitalized

EDIT: Moved from a 9 year old topic #1524. Please no necroposting here, read the rules.

----

This is all good stuff. But it gives me a massive headache. I tried to adapt it to my needs but to no avail.

I would like to only have artist names within brackets to be capitalized. But only featured artists or collaborations. You know the feat./with/in duet/duet with....

Barry Manilow - I believe in you and me (feat. whitney houston).flac
to
Barry Manilow - I believe in you and me (feat. Whitney Houston).flac

Bette Midler - I never talk to strangers (with tom waits).flac
to
Bette Midler - I never talk to strangers (with Tom Waits).flac

Blue - signed, sealed, delivered I'm yours (feat. stevie wonder, angie stone).flac
to
Blue - signed, sealed, delivered I'm yours (feat. Stevie Wonder, Angie Stone).flac

Blue - get down on it (feat. kool & the gang and lil kim).flac
to
Blue - get down on it (feat. Kool & The Gang and Lil Kim).flac

Bomb The Bass - empire (with benjamin zephaniah & sinead o'connor) (album version).flac
to
Bomb The Bass - empire (with Benjamin Zephaniah & Sinead o'Connor) (album version).flac

Bomb The Bass - empire (with benjamin zephaniah & sinead o'connor) (bomb the house jeff sinclair string remix).flac
to
Bomb The Bass - empire (with Benjamin Zephaniah & Sinead o'Connor) (bomb the house jeff sinclair string remix).flac

Britney Spears - ...baby one more time (davidson ospina radio mix).flac
to
Britney Spears - ...baby one more time (davidson ospina radio mix).flac

Britney Spears - (I've just begun) having my fun (non-album bonus track).flac
to
Britney Spears - (I've just begun) having my fun (non-album bonus track).flac

Backstreet Boys - nunca te hare llorar (I'll never break your heart) (spanish version) (album version) (radio edit).flac
to
Backstreet Boys - nunca te hare llorar (I'll never break your heart) (spanish version) (album version) (radio edit).flac

I listed a few examples to show that it might be a bit complex. The last 3 examples have no change in case since remixes and edits get no capitalization in names (e.g. davidson ospina) and they're here to show that the brackets can be anywhere after the "-" (where the song title starts) and there can be multiple brackets.

I assume I wont get this perfect because of all the different possibilities in naming schemes but since I have to go through a couple of 100'000 tracks I would appreciate getting as close as possible so the manual work will be kept to a minimum.

I guess from a logic POV it should be: look for contents in brackets after the first "-" then if certain key words are present (like "with", "feat.", "duet with" and so on) then capitalize all within those brackets, then small-cap a list of words within the same brackets (like "with", "feat.", "and"...).
That should do what I need but leave the other brackets alone (like the remix artists).

Any help appreciated!

Last edited by den4b (2021-07-26 06:22)

Board footer