#1 2021-11-04 17:44

sarah17795

Access Violation when launching

Hello,

I'm having a problem launching ReNamer. When I double click the application I get an Access Violation error dialog box. It gives me the options 'OK' and 'Abort'. When I click OK the dialog box closes and then nothing happens, the program just doesn't open. I have tried completely uninstalling and re-installing both 7.3 and 7.2 and the 7.3 debug. I also tried copying the program files from my personal laptop - I have 7.2 installed which still runs fine.
I am trying to run it on a Windows 10 Pro verison 1803. This is a work computer so I'm limited in what I can change/install/etc.

#2 2021-11-08 23:52

den4b
Administrator

Re: Access Violation when launching

Hello,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error when you run one of the debug versions?

Please try all available debug versions found in the "Additional downloads" section on the downloads page, in case you get different results with different versions.

Additionally, please run the System File Checker provided by Microsoft, to make sure that your system is not corrupted. If it is work computer, you probably want to get your IT department to run it for you. They shouldn't have any problem with it since it is an official tool from Microsoft.

Board footer