#1 2023-10-09 15:30

bitseeker

Feature Request: Save marked/selected rules as preset

Hi den4b Team,

when opening renamer the last session (rules configuration) is loaded on startup (if checked in settings).
As in workflow for small/quick renaming actions, i just add new rules and deactivate (uncheck) some "old" rules (which i still need).
So the startup rules gets longer and longer...

Now that i want to shorten the list, it would be great, if i could select some rules (Strg+Click) and save them as a new preset.

To drill it down: After selecting some rules and right clicking, there should/could be something like "save selected rules as preset" in the popup menu.

Meanwhile is it possible to edit [default].mp and cut&paste the rules that i want in a new preset to a new preset file that i created in a file manager? I guess i would have to reindex the rules eg. "[Rule6]" to "[Rule0]".

thx Olli

Last edited by bitseeker (2023-10-10 08:41)

#2 2023-10-12 11:07

den4b
Administrator

Re: Feature Request: Save marked/selected rules as preset

It is an interesting suggestion, thank you. It has been noted.

In the mean time, you can simulate a similar behaviour by simply deleting the rules which you don't want to save in a new preset, assuming you had already saved the full list of rules in a separate preset so that you can restore them later.

If you are going to be editing the preset files manually, just make sure that "[Rule]" sections do not have duplicated names. The number in the section name does not have to follow any particular order, the section name simply has to start with "Rule".

#3 2023-10-13 07:56

bitseeker

Re: Feature Request: Save marked/selected rules as preset

ok, thanks for clearifiying this.

Board footer