#1 2008-01-24 21:54

jsmooth

Stanby active when shutter closed

Most important:  Is there a time-frame for the next version of shutter?  I love the idea of multiple triggers.

My question:

I have been using Shutter v2.90 for a while with a PC that goes to standby with low cpu (cpu <10% for 10 minutes = standby, restart on event).

This works consistently.  However when I exit out of shutter without first stopping the event the host will still goto standby after 10 minutes of no activity.

If I stop the event and then close shutter this does not happen.

Not  a show stopper but very weird.

I have verified that any kind of power saving is disabled in the BIOS and in Windows power management.

Any thoughts?

#2 2008-01-25 15:31

den4b
Administrator

Re: Stanby active when shutter closed

There was a rough time-frame for the next version of Shutter, i.e. the end of 2007. But due to complications in design, mostly user interface related - this time-frame has not been met. I hope I will get it sorted in next month or two, but it all depends on my availability. In fact, if you are willing to participate, I can send you some samples and you can give me your opinion on some user interface related problems. This could speed up the process. What do you think?

Regarding your question... Yes, very weird in fact. Shutter is not interacting with any Windows power management functions at all. It has its own timers, events and triggers. Are you sure you are closing Shutter?? When you do close Shutter, it can not possibly continue with its actions/events. How do you close it? Did you check the list of currently running processes for "shutter.exe" after you closed it? What is you Windows version?

#3 2008-01-31 23:07

jsmooth

Re: Stanby active when shutter closed

1. I would love to help out. I think this is a great little app. I'm not a coder (I do write some mean script & batch files) but I am a tinker. (oh, and a network security consultant) wink

2. It normally minimizes to the systray to close it I by rt-clk select exit from the systray icon.

* Strangely since I sent the message it has NOT happened again. I am a decent troubleshooter and had previously tried to eliminate any possible variable. I will try to force it to happen again and report back.

my e-mail (spam protected) is:

mystyluca-shutter <at> yahoo <dot> com

that's "mystyluca-shutter"

#4 2008-02-01 15:06

den4b
Administrator

Board footer