#1 2020-02-06 23:29

Dirk

If not hibernate shut down 2 hours later?

How could I add this to the existing event: I want the Notebook to shut down at e.g. 2:45:00 if it did not go to hibernate at 0:45:00.
CtAWBP1.png

Or alternatively:
I want the Notebook to hibernate at e.g. 2:45:00 if it did not go to hibernate at 0:45:00 or if it does not hibernate to shut down 15 minutes later.

#2 2020-02-08 13:57

den4b
Administrator

Re: If not hibernate shut down 2 hours later?

What do you mean by "it did not go to hibernate"?

If some application prevents it from going into the hibernation mode, then you can use the Force option.

#3 2020-02-08 22:20

Dirk

What do you mean by "it did not go to hibernate"?

It does not hibernate. Does not get in that status / condition. It keeps on running, without changes. Or it restarts, shuts down and starts. When Win has downloaded / installed an update the Notebook shuts down and starts / installs the updates although Shutter is set to let it hibernate.

I assume, the force option will not change that. Or will it?

Is this the force option(?):
bpz179z.png

Not recommended? Sounds dangerous. Why?

#4 2020-02-10 22:02

den4b
Administrator

It is probably best that you adjust your configuration of active hours in Windows 10, so that it does not auto-restart when you don't want it.

You can also try to enable the "Prevent system sleep while activated" option from the Advanced settings tab. This might prevent Windows from auto-rebooting.

If everything else fails, you can completely disable an auto-restart feature in Windows 10.

The "Force" option will not allow any application to interfere with the sleep/hibernation sequence. In your particular case it is no use.

#5 2020-02-10 22:12

Dirk

It is probably best that you adjust your configuration of active hours in Windows 10, so that it does not auto-restart when you don't want it.

Sorry for my bad expression, it does not have to do anything with the auto-restart. When Shutter (as usual) let the Notebook hibernate it does not hibernate but install the Win updates and restart.

You can also try to enable the "Prevent system sleep while activated" option from the Advanced settings tab. This might prevent Windows from auto-rebooting.

The only situation Win auto reboots is when there are installed updateds to be installed.

If everything else fails, you can completely disable an auto-restart feature in Windows 10.

Yes, but sometimes or often I use it.

#6 2020-02-12 11:59

den4b
Administrator

Dirk wrote:

When Shutter (as usual) let the Notebook hibernate it does not hibernate but install the Win updates and restart.

Can you please explain this point...

When Shutter executes the hibernation action, Windows decides to install updates and restart instead of hibernating?

#7 2020-02-12 16:10

Dirk

Can you please explain this point...

Sorry, if I only knew how...

When Shutter executes the hibernation action, Windows decides to install updates and restart instead of hibernating?

Yes, a way to say it, I would say.

#8 2020-02-13 00:05

den4b
Administrator

den4b wrote:

In that case, you probably need to address this in Windows, rather than in Shutter.

Maybe you should prevent Windows from disrupting the hibernation to install updates.

It seems that you are not alone with this issue, see this thread for example:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/368 … on-session

#9 2020-02-13 00:39

Dirk

In that case, you probably need to address this in Windows, rather than in Shutter.

Yes, may be, but how?

Maybe you should prevent Windows from disrupting the hibernation to install updates.

I assume, there even is no hibernation. Win just installs updates and restarts the Notebook.

It seems that you are not alone with this issue, see this thread for example:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/368 … on-session

Thank you for the link. Oops, so it obviously hibernates indeed for some time, hadn't thought so. OK, I will try thoses measure.

Thank you!

Board footer