#1 2021-01-29 15:47

oem

Suggestion : Option to run cleanup after each rule

It would be great to have a checkbox to run cleanup (at least of double spaces) after each rule.  I find myself having to add cleanups after a bunch of rules just to get the next rule to run properly. I know this could be fixed by just making the previous rule better but this would just be simpler.

#2 2021-02-01 21:14

den4b
Administrator

Re: Suggestion : Option to run cleanup after each rule

Currently, the effect of every rule is well defined and consistent, and it is important to keep it that way.

I think adding a global option that might affect filenames after every single rule will cause more unexpected behavior and confusion.

#3 2021-02-08 09:26

oem

i wasnt thinking it would be a global. but an option like operate on whole words or skip extensions... i can understand it would be pretty low priority though

#4 2021-02-09 11:29

den4b
Administrator

A local checkbox option within each rule could be convenient and should be less of an interference, but it might still cause issues due to duplication and oversimplification of exiting functionality.

It would be reasonable to assume that different users would prefer to have a different set of cleanup options in each rule, so a single general cleanup checkbox option might be way too generic.

Nonetheless, it is an interesting idea and it has been logged as a feature request with a low priority.

Board footer