#1 2021-06-21 03:04

loungebob

Suggestion: add an spell checker for renaming files

why cant we have a spell checker and maybe even a grammar function? word does it. this forum software does it while I compose this message. am I really the only anal one who likes his files neat with proper spelling? maybe this should be a windows file explorer thing...

#2 2021-07-26 06:13

den4b
Administrator

Re: Suggestion: add an spell checker for renaming files

It is technically possible to apply a spell checker to filenames, it just hasn't been implemented yet in a convenient way. It is on the feature todo list but with a low priority.

At this moment, you could try using the "Export new names to clipboard" option, paste into MS Word / LibreOffice Writer, apply the spell checker, and then put them back into ReNamer using the "Import new names from clipboard" option.

I can assure you that you are not the only one who wishes to have properly spelled filenames.

This forum software does it while I compose this message.

A slight correction. It is actually your web browser that does the spell checking of your message, not the forum software.

#3 2021-07-27 02:05

loungebob

Re: Suggestion: add an spell checker for renaming files

This forum software does it while I compose this message.

A slight correction. It is actually your web browser that does the spell checking of your message, not the forum software.

I figured that out shortly after this post. Funnily enough, it never occured to me, that not everyone updated and switched to the same forum software and that is why they all have spell-checking now but instead the browser just got wiser. Trees, forest.

I adapted my workflow so it is not that important to me anymore but I still think, spell-checking should also work on a filename/foldername level.

Board footer