#1 2020-01-05 17:07

ReiM

ReNamer includes new format "HEIC"?

In the last months I used the EXIF-Date to renamed my private pictures with "ReNamer". Now I notice the format HEIC in my lists of pictures.
- Are there any plans to include this format, too?
- Are there a workaround for my problem?
Thanks for information or support.

#2 2020-01-06 12:33

den4b
Administrator

Re: ReNamer includes new format "HEIC"?

There is no built-in support for HEIC / HEIF image file format yet, but you can use a 3rd party tool such as ExifTool in combination with ReNamer to extract meta tags and then use them for renaming files.

See the example script:
https://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Scripts:ExifTool

#3 2020-01-06 23:20

ReiM

Thanks for your reply. I will try it in the next days and will come back with my experience.

#4 2020-01-08 06:29

Andrew-HOD

Please build-in support for HEIC/HEIF image file format.  The main use I have for this program is renaming poorly named images.  The iPhone and even now Canon (CES, EOS-1D X Mark III SLR) will be supporting this format.  Exiftool is so SLOW and difficult to work with.

#5 2022-02-04 23:38

AndrewRH

den4b wrote:

There is no built-in support for HEIC / HEIF image file format yet, but you can use a 3rd party tool such as ExifTool in combination with ReNamer to extract meta tags and then use them for renaming files.

See the example script:
https://www.den4b.com/wiki/ReNamer:Scripts:ExifTool

The script works for me - thanks! However it is very slow to process a directory full of files.
Is there a plan to have HEIC/HEIF image info supported in Renamer Pro? If so, then when might a first version be available?
Thank you.

#6 2022-02-21 18:07

den4b
Administrator

AndrewRH wrote:

Is there a plan to have HEIC/HEIF image info supported in Renamer Pro? If so, then when might a first version be available?

There is no plan for a direct support for HEIC/HEIF images in ReNamer. Unless someone can find or donate a Pascal compatible source/library that offers such support.

However, there is a long term plan to make the use of 3rd party tools/libraries much easier, either via a dedicated renaming rule or via a plug-in based meta tags framework.

Board footer