#1 2022-05-13 15:26

lang0702

Deleting folder after renaming

Hi everybody,

I've been having trouble with renaming folder.  I am able to rename folders but the original folder will remain and be empty, while it will create a new folder with the new name(and the content within in).  How can I just rename and replace the folder instead of having two folders with the original empty?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2022-05-13 15:39

Stefan

Re: Deleting folder after renaming

Hi and welcome.

Do you had held that folder open, f.ex. additionally in WinExplorer?
Or did you had open a file right before, which was located in that folder?
Or maybe did any other program still point to that folder, like command shell (DOS box) ?

Else a folder should be just renamed and doesn't let a copy back.
Maybe tell us more about your system and version numbers of your OS and ReNamer.

Read the  *WIKI* for HELP + MANUAL + Tips&Tricks.
If ReNamer had helped you, please *DONATE* to Denis or buy a PRO license. (Read *Lite vs Pro*)

#3 2022-05-16 18:33

den4b
Administrator

Re: Deleting folder after renaming

lang0702 wrote:

I've been having trouble with renaming folder.  I am able to rename folders but the original folder will remain and be empty, while it will create a new folder with the new name(and the content within in).  How can I just rename and replace the folder instead of having two folders with the original empty?

If you are renaming a folder, it will physically move the folder to a different location, so you won't have the original folder.

What you are describing sounds like you are renaming files, i.e. the content of folders. In this case, the files will be moved to a different location, but the original folders will remain unaffected.

Board footer