#1 2022-10-05 15:29

rompey

Auto run an event

I'm trying to run an event as soon as I close my browser and it works very well.
But now Shutter is grayed out in the Task bar and inactive, I must hit F6 once more whenever I close the browser.
Is it possible for Shutter to auto run the event without my intervention?

#2 2022-10-06 10:51

eR@SeR

Re: Auto run an event

Hi,

There is "Utilities" option to restart the events. You can find more info here. A similar question is already asked here so please try to find the answer before posting the question. It might be answered already smile

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#3 2022-10-06 19:35

rompey

Thank you, I have researched and found the previous question before I placed my question.
I tested the "Utilities" route but it did not resolve my question.
I do not want to repeat the event at a regular set period, I only want to rerun the event after I close my browser.

#4 2022-10-06 21:43

eR@SeR

OK. If I understood you correctly...

Events [1BY1]:
1) Process: Starts "chrome.exe", check every 1 seconds
2) Process: Stops "chrome.exe", check every 1 seconds
Actions:
1) Message: Message "test" for 3 seconds (no cancel) (no restart)
2) Utilities: Restart events

Every time you close the browser (Chrome in this case), Shutter will run actions and still run in background (won't be grayed) for next close event.

Is this what you wanted?

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#5 2022-10-07 22:26

rompey

Thank you for the detailed settings, running perfectly. I would not have figured it on my own.
Under Actions I added the program that must run after I close out of my browser.
I made it the 1st entry and it is working precisely as I required.
Shutter is unique and very effective.

Board footer