#1 2023-01-04 10:30

Xalean

command line to close properly shutter

Hello,

thank you for this amazing app !
Can you implement a command line that allow us to properly close shutter app when it is in systray without letting its icon in this systray?
I can explain what i mean : i have tried to use stop-process from a powershell script to close shutter but if shutter is in the systray, its icon will stay there until i put my mouse over its icon....

The action "close window" applied to shutter seems to not let the tray icon, can you explain me what language (and command)  you used to implement this close function please ?

Thank you

Last edited by Xalean (2023-01-04 11:11)

#2 2023-01-04 21:22

den4b
Administrator

Re: command line to close properly shutter

Xalean wrote:

Can you implement a command line that allow us to properly close shutter app when it is in systray without letting its icon in this systray?

It can be implemented, but I don't see any practical need for it. Can you describe your use case?

Xalean wrote:

i have tried to use stop-process from a powershell script to close shutter but if shutter is in the systray, its icon will stay there until i put my mouse over its icon....

Windows Explorer doesn't automatically detect that the tray icon is dead, until you move your mouse over it or restart the Windows Explorer.

Xalean wrote:

The action "close window" applied to shutter seems to not let the tray icon, can you explain me what language (and command)  you used to implement this close function please ?

The Close Window action uses Windows API to find windows that match the specified title. Then, it sends WM_CLOSE / WM_QUIT message to the window or kills its parent process, depending on your configuration.

#3 2023-01-04 22:48

Xalean

Hello, thank you for your answer.
I have 2 presets for shutter.
I need one for the usual sleep mode but i need the other only when one of my scripts is executed.
So this script kill the actual instance of shutter (sleep mode) to launch shutter with the other preset.
Doing so this will leave one icon tray each Time.
I couldn't find a way to kill or Close shutter without leaving its icon in systray.
But i noticed that if i stop the process with shutter actions , this 'close' also the systray icon.

I am not qualified enough to see another way around this issue...

Why isn't there a command Line to replace the active preset by another ? Like shutter /preset ..... /replace ?
It would bé useful in my case but i am maybe the only one who needs this... Sorry

Last edited by Xalean (2023-01-04 23:22)

#4 2023-01-07 08:52

Xalean

Hello, would it be also possible to have a command line to know what preset is actually running on shutter (if we have only one instance of shutter ) or a list of presets if multiple instances are on ?

Like "shutter /active-preset"

Maybe shutter can just write in a specific text file each preset that are actives so that we can retreive this info in a script ?

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Xalean (2023-01-07 08:54)

Board footer