#1 2023-03-17 16:32

Nelson

Shutter not monitoring when in hibernation

I have shutter 4.6 loaded onto my Toshiba satellite laptop with it's only function to detect power outages upon which a batch file is run that, after a warning message will shut down the machine.
This works fine whilst the machine is up and running (awake), however when in hibernation it does not wake the machine and trigger the same batch file.

Now, I may be reading or understanding the process incorrectly, but in the settings there is an option to "stop event monitoring on hibernation/sleep" therefore I assumed that with that unchecked the program would monitor.

This is not a great problem as the laptop has automated wake and start-up processes in the morning, more a question as to the functionality.

Many thanks for any assistance.

#2 2023-03-19 10:29

den4b
Administrator

Re: Shutter not monitoring when in hibernation

Applications are not able to operate when the system is in sleep or hibernation state, so Shutter won't be able to monitor anything.

The "stop event monitoring on hibernation/sleep" option will simply pause all monitoring when the computer goes into suspended state, and then it can restart the monitoring when the computer wakes up. This helps prevent unexpected execution of actions as soon as the computer wakes up.

It is possible to configure the system to wake up automatically at certain times or when a Wake-on-LAN (WOL) packet is sent to its network interface, but this is outside of the scope of Shutter.

#3 2023-03-21 06:08

Nelson

Re: Shutter not monitoring when in hibernation

Many thanks for that and it is as I suspected.
Unfortunately due to the age of my computer, there is no power outage selection in the BIOS which would have solved the conindrum !!

As I said, it is not a deal breaker at all and thank you for the exolanation.

Board footer