#1 2007-12-10 12:20

nanosnom

Serialize but according chronological order of creation (or modify)

Hi, first of all thank for your rename program, it helps me a LOT!
My problem is this: I have some programs that run concurrently (but indipendently each other) and every a certain amount of iteration they produce a "dump" of result.
They save files in different folder and names they use are (for sake of simplicity) quite random.
I would like to rename (possibily serialize) in the same order they have been dumped (chronological).
I'm not a programmer... and I have not been able to write a satisfactory set of rules.
Your help will be really appreciate.
Thak in advance
Alessandro

#2 2007-12-10 13:32

den4b
Administrator

Re: Serialize but according chronological order of creation (or modify)

Hi Alessandro,

You can use their "creation" OR "last modification" dates and put them into the filename. The easiest way to do this is by using Meta Tags. Open "Insert" rule, and find a button "Insert Meta Tag". In the new dialog, you will need to select File_DateModified or File_DateCreated tag. ReNamer will automatically replace it with the date-time from each file (on preview). The format of the date-time tags can be configured in the Settings (main menu).

For example, "yyyy-mm-dd-hh-nn-ss" format will allow chronological sorting. This format stands for "Year-Month-Day-Hour-Minutes-Seconds".

serializebydateeu4.png

#3 2007-12-10 16:23

nanosnom

Re: Serialize but according chronological order of creation (or modify)

Thank for the prompt answer, It works! Thank you again!!! You don't know how much time you've make me to save!

Board footer