#1 2007-11-08 03:12

kingfenix

Ability to rename files inside archives

It would be awesome if renamer could rename files inside archives, take for example ecomics with jpg inside of cbr/cbz files for each page, and sometimes pages are numbered page2.jpg instead of page002.jpg which means that in readers page 2 would come after page 10, and so need to be renamed....

I am writing a program that deals with archives and I would love to be able to send/call files to renamer for renaming which actually reside inside of archives...

KF

#2 2008-01-05 17:20

den4b
Administrator

Re: Ability to rename files inside archives

It is nearly impossible to implement this by my self. It would require years of continuous work probably, i.e. developing something like WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc. There are loads of different archive formats, they are all complex and different from each other. There is no way to rename files within archives, instead, files will have to be unpacked - renamed - and re-packed again. That means implementing complete support for archive formats. You must be joking.

Just unpack them your-self, with a proper archiving program of your choice, then rename, and then re-pack.

Board footer