#1 2008-01-05 13:21

Biggynuff

Message of thanks to Denis

Hi all,

Hope nobody minds, but I just wanted to post a message of thanks for developing one of the most useful pieces of software I've ever used . . .

I have over 500 sets of images, on average around 320 images per set (many thousands of images!)

The problem: images are all sequentially numbered, from 0.jpg, 1.jpg, 2.jpg . . . . all the way to 320.jpg

The task: to rename every image in every directory as necessary to 3 digits, so they display properly in automated slideshows, such as 000.jpg, 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc etc

You can probably imagine the way I was feeling about this . . . the job had to be done, and without any form of automation it would probably have taken months for a team of 3 of us to do in our spare time

The solution: use 'renamer' with the pascal script you supplied on this forum!!!!!

The entire job was done in no time . . . perfectly, without a single problem. Thank you so much

As soon as we have funds in our Pay Pal account we will be donating, thats a sure thing

Well done on such a superb application

Biggy

#2 2008-01-05 19:59

den4b
Administrator

Re: Message of thanks to Denis

Thanks Biggy! You feedback is much appreciated! It's good to hear that smile

#3 2008-02-26 01:24

krtek

I've just discovered Hasher and... it's the same league as ReNamer. Simple (but very nice looking), easy to use, portable and as powerful as you could dream about.  I won't even try other apps doing that job. What's the point? Well done Denis!!!

Regular Expressions are not as hard to understand as you may think. Check ReNamer's manual or nice Regular Expressions tutorial for more info and start to use full power of applications that use them (like ReNamer, Mp3Tag and so on).

#4 2008-02-26 08:05

ozzii

Thanks for all your application. Very useful lol

#5 2008-02-26 22:20

DroidDotBot

renamer is very exciting - (paypal eminent - funds within a week) - may god bless you for your work on this !!!

UK!

#6 2008-02-27 19:16

Helix

Denis:  Re:Renamer

I don't usually take the time to congratulate someone for excellence, but I will make an exception in your case.

This is one of the most versatile and comprehensive utilities I have found in my 30 years of computer administration.

I find this product well engineered and I use it very often particularly in conditioning file names for internet applications.

Thanks to you...

I will be donating to your cause shortly.

#7 2008-02-28 00:56

eR@SeR

ReNamer is best in his class of renaming. There is no such excellent utility on software market for sure! By this occasion I also send a greetings and thankfulness from organisation where I'm member.

Just to note that Hooker is marked as riskware by Kaspersky Lab roll. Probably because of its functionality...

TRUTH, FREEDOM, JUSTICE and FATHERLAND are the highest morale values which human is born, lives and dies for!

#8 2008-03-02 18:56

den4b
Administrator

Board footer